1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new Evil Dead movie might be in the works!!!! :bow:

From ComingSoon.net:

Quote:
With the success of New Line's Freddy vs. Jason, followed by Fox's Alien vs. Predator, another franchise looks to be headed into the fray.

The Hollywood Reporter says New Line is in talks with director/producer Sam Raimi ("Spider-Man" franchise) for the much-rumored Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash. In the proposed sequel, Freddy ("A Nightmare on Elm Street") and Jason ("Friday the 13th") would go up against Ash, the cynical anti-hero survivor of Raimi's "Evil Dead" trilogy, which also includes Army of Darkness.

Bruce Campbell played the character in the trilogy and would play him again if the deal were to close. Although Raimi would not direct, he holds rights to the "Evil Dead" franchise. The trade adds that if a deal isn't made, the studio is determined to extend the franchise by introducing a new character or pitting Freddy and Jason against each other again.

LETS KEEP OUR POPCORN BUTTERED FINGERS CROSSED!! 8)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Groovy.

I've heard of an excellent Bruce Campbell film titled BubbaHotep but I haven't been lucky enough to find it...yet.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Then there was the line that ought to be the official motto of our State Dept:

"Listen up your primitive screwheads!"

Ash should be an inspiration to us all. How many people carry an entire Y2K hoard in the trunk of their car?

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
"We can beat these Deadites... we can beat them with SCIENCE!"

This is one of the best movies of all time - Period.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
The movie is called "Army of Darkness" staring the King of Camp, Bruce Campbell.
It's stupid, funny and absolutely brilliant. Go rent it, get some Mt Dew, some Popcorn, and enjoy it!

·
Registered
855 Posts
"See this? This is my 'boom stick!' The 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?"

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
"Lady, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to ask you to leave the store.

Possessed woman: "Who the hell are you?"

Ash : "Name's Ash."
[cocks shotgun]
Ash :"Housewares."

·
Registered
89 Posts
if you watch the Freddie VS Jason DVD w/ the comentary ON, Robert Englund makes mention of the Ash crossover...Sam Rami is swimming in a pool of money, so the only reason I can think of him not allowing it, is MAYBE the script or that he cant direct it...

I have watched Bubba Ho-Tep 16 times...It OWNS!!!...NOW maybe Phantasm END will finally get the funding that it deserves!

If ya look close..Reggie Banister (Phantasm) plays a small part in Bubba...

That was just pillow talk baby! "Ash" AOD

Allright man..Lets go!
Sebastion Haff (Elvis)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I didn't rent Bubba Ho-Tep... I just ordered it off Amazon.com. If it sucks, I'm hunting Azrael down and kicking his trash.
Kidding...
I love Bruce Campbell's stuff and if this one is half as good as Army of Darkness then it is going to be just fine right there in my DVD collection.

"Yeah, I said your words... well not all of them but yeah, basically."

·
Registered
455 Posts
The script is pretty good but the film is sloooow.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts