Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, lurkers, visitors, my house got robbed this morning. all they took was my Stackon safe with all my shooters and my wife's meds.

The following guns were stolen;
M1 Garand- My match-rifle. SA Ser.Num.980584, has a Wenig stockset, VAR bbl, 77-series RA NM op-rod, type 2 hooded rear sight.

M1 Carbine-National Postal Meter,SN-4090232

1911A1- Essex SS frame,stamped ss2166, Colt MkIV,Series 70 upper, Skeletonized Wilson Combat Hammer, Wilson Combat Ambi-Thumbsafety

S&W model14-3 K38,6" Bbl, Sq.Butt,K-frame targets in Rosewood.

S&W model 28-2, 4" Bbl, slit pitting on reblued cylinder, Eagle 'Heritage' Cokes

S&W Model 66-6-2.5" Bbl, white outline rear, red-ramp front, Hogue Pao-Ferro fingergrip stocks.

If you see any of these guns contact me here or E-mail or call 513-732-2231 for the Goshen Police.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear that. I've been the victim of burglaries in the past. Never had any guns taken but it doesn't matter what's taken, the violation is there.
Hope you can get the guns back -- especially the Garand & carbine. But the rest too.

·
Registered
214 Posts
My guess is that they have already been into the MRS. meds, so maybe they will turn up when the SOBs try to pawn the shooters. Paul Harvey used to say we need to disarm(literally) rapists, but the same could be said of these lowlifes.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
well lets hope the meds will cause them GBH and they will be found lifeless next your belongings. Happened to a friends burglars. they took some stuff and thought they would get high, it stopped their hearts.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
M1Rifleman said:
My guess is that they have already been into the MRS. meds, so maybe they will turn up when the SOBs try to pawn the shooters. Paul Harvey used to say we need to disarm(literally) rapists, but the same could be said of these lowlifes.
Can't say for the rest of the U.S., but locally very few stolen weapons end up at pawn shops nowadays. The slugs are all aware that P.D.'s and Sheriff's Offices get pawn tickets from shops in their jurisdictions and run all the numbers. They trade'em straight for dope usually. Sometimes they go through 4 or 5 hands till they end up with an honest joe who does pawn'em, and we get them back.

Have your serial numbers recorded some where, guys. It doesn't guarantee they'll be found, but it's the only way they'll load into NCIC.

RetMsgt, sorry about the hit you took. Like others, it's happened to me too. I felt...violated. Hope you get yours back.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
It happened to me a few years ago. The thief simply popped the door of the locker off with a crowbar and helped himself. Thankfully, there are still good citizens out there (even in that part of town). Police were called, crooks were caught with my guns (less one). Citizens were willing to testify, thief went away (habitual offender, no less). The sense of violation was bad enough, but what bothered me the most was the thought of those guns being used by criminals.

Now I have them in a real safe. To get them again, a thief will have to haul off a multi-hundred pound chunk of steel.

·
Registered
921 Posts
. . . all they took was my Stackon safe with all my shooters and my wife's meds.
When full, even a Stackon is pretty heavy, isn't it? Sounds like they knew what they were looking for and came prepared to cart it off; it may not have been a random burglary.

Best wishes . . . and be careful!

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree Hank, I believe my Stepson was in on it.Police said it looked like an inside job. Love the kid but, he's a real punk. Police are looking at him real close too because of his Juvenile record(he's 17) and the fact that the kid's done drugs in the past. If he was, I'll have him prosecuted like anyone else involved.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I'm sorry to hear, I hope they recover all your stuff and no one else gets hurt.

I'm sorry to hear that it is hitting so close to home.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
When full, even a Stackon is pretty heavy, isn't it?
Stackon makes steel cabinet type safes and they make the more traditional type safe which is pretty heavy. If I remember right the door weighs as much as the rest of the safe. Combined you're looking at 532 lbs. for the 28 gun model. Look HERE.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts