1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Who was controlling that robot, Frank Drebbin?? :ek:

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I thought SOP was to have a spotter standing back with binoculars or better to give overview reports.
Geoff
Who has these silly delusions from military experience 25 years agone.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
That robot guy needs practice. He couldn't run a backhoe.

After dropping the grenade and it didn't go off I would have walked over and thrown it in the truck.

We never really coddeled them that much as long as the pin was in. We threw the old pineapple types
not the modern piano wire wrapped types.

People really overreact to things like that. A guy gave me two boxes of 30-06 because his wife
was afraid to keep them in the house. If she knew what I store she wouldn't live in the same :lol: town.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The timing of the reporter using the word "unfolds" at the very moment the package comes apart is classic. :lol:

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
WAAAAAY back when I was in high school, a kid made “nitro glycerin” in chemistry class (he had it all wrong). So the bomb squad was called and they rolled out their new, state of the art “robot” which was a much cruder version of what you see on the video. So the “robot” (RC car with an arm) goes in and gets the beaker of “nitro” and brings it out to the bomb tank. And right there, with cameras from all the local TV stations rolling, they MISS the bomb tank. I mean, it had like a 3 foot mouth, and they friggin missed. Laughed my arse off on that one.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't know you had left, but ditto what CP said.

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Well thank you sir. I didn't "leave" per-se, just haven't been around too much. I have a LOT of iron's in the fire and one of them involves me spending a bit of time on another forum...which can be rather annoying at times because it's an un-moderated forum and there isn't the sense of gentlemanship (not sure if that's really a word, but it just seems to be the right way to describe), as we have here. Needless to say, i've REALLY missed you guys. Still, there are some pretty good guys over there and I'll admit, sometimes it's refreshing to get some different points of view. We've all been conversing for so many years, it's almost like we know what the other is thinking.

Still, I really enjoy this group and I hope to one day be able to afford to make it to one of the get togethers and meet as many of ya'll in person as I can. I have met Charlie in person twice but I sincerely doubt he remembers. Both times were very brief, almost in passing and we didn't share more than hello's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts