Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
I was thinking of that gun as well, Irishcop.

OTOH I also recall and advertizement for ...H&K, I think (not 100% sure) which showed a magazine loaded exactly as in Phantom4570's post.
Not so good in an advertisement to gunpeople.
Perfectly acceptable -- even desirable -- for guns criminals use.:twisted:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Back in the 1980's...

...I used to volunteer as a "block officer," to help an L.A.-area club conduct monthly DCM matches. One day, a woman shooter kept raising her hand for assistance with her "jammed" M1 Carbine. The source of the malfunctions was very clear - she was alternating rounds, one bullet forward, one bullet to the rear. The first time, I reloaded the magazine, with her watching, and patiently explained to her that the rounded, copper part of the cartridge was the bullet and that it had to face the front of the rifle so that it could go downrange. The second time, I repeated the same drill. Around her third time on the line I figured out that she must have been doing it on purpose, to get back at her husband, who had forced her to shoot the match so that he could buy one more M1 Rifle.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
I guess the guy with the Taurus was used to the Boberg. I've shot a Boberg... it's a neat little gun.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I guess the guy with the Taurus was used to the Boberg. I've shot a Boberg... it's a neat little gun.
It looks like a fascinating piece of engineering, Tim. Since you didn't comment otherwise, I take it that it functioned well.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
One of the students at the Rogers school had one. We took turns shooting it during a break. Was completely reliable through a hundred rounds or so. Not much recoil despite the size. Hitting the 8" plate at 20 yards was easy. I liked it.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Nice little gun.
The only thing that bothers me is it was reported in that article the Boberg tends to "disassemble" cheap .45 ammo, or ammo which isn't crimped.
The near $1200 price tag .... meh. If it wouldn't disassemble ammo.....

I think I will keep my XDs .45.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Nice little gun.
The only thing that bothers me is it was reported in that article the Boberg tends to "disassemble" cheap .45 ammo, or ammo which isn't crimped.
The near $1200 price tag .... meh. If it wouldn't disassemble ammo.....

I think I will keep my XDs .45.
Yep, a novelty - but a pricey one.

I'm just going to buy another M&P; a compact in .45...

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
I don't like the trigger on my XDs near as much since the recall/upgrade.
You're not the only person I've heard make this complaint. Frankly I really don't notice the difference.
Others I've heard are liking the trigger better or also have not noticed the difference.

It's like liverwurst I guess, some like it some hate it ......

·
Registered
6 Posts
When working at a LGS a lady came in to purchase a .25 auto. She asked how the bullets went in...I replied it depended which way she wanted them to come out. I suggested a revolver as there was no way to mess up putting the ammo in.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
When working at a LGS a lady came in to purchase a .25 auto. She asked how the bullets went in...I replied it depended which way she wanted them to come out. I suggested a revolver as there was no way to mess up putting the ammo in.
Somehow, I believe someone could find a way...or give it a darn good try, at least.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Speaking of loading mags, I just finished watching Battle: L.A.

Near the end of the flick, the Marines are reloading mags prior to reentering the fray.

With 7.62 X 39...

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Speaking of loading mags, I just finished watching Battle: L.A.

Near the end of the flick, the Marines are reloading mags prior to reentering the fray.

With 7.62 X 39...
Is this one of those Sy Fy channel movies where they use Airsoft M-16s with flat-tops that have no sights?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Is this one of those Sy Fy channel movies where they use Airsoft M-16s with flat-tops that have no sights?:rolleyes:
Nope, this was actually a pretty big budget flick and for the most part was pretty good, if you like sci-fi.

They apparently had some Marine advisors; because to my admittedly untrained eye, their loadouts and movement seemed to be reasonable. Although I have a tendency to question strategeries whenever alien confrontations are involved.

I'm a proponent of going tactical nuke - early and often.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts