Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up some ammo that is labeled Lake City .30 gov't, and its made in Hungary. The head stamp is L C 30-06. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with it, because I have not had the chance yet to shoot it. Is it any good, worth buying the rest of it that they have (comes out to $0.29 per round).
Thanks

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I had some, probably about 200 rounds. It shot OK in my M1's, cycled OK, didn't damage anything. It was non-corrosive and boxer primed. I wouldn't say it was the last word in the accuracy department, probably on par with the real Lake City the CMP is selling. I reloaded it 3 times after the initial firing, but that's all I shoot my brass is four times total.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
"...made in Hungary..." LC it ain't. Lake City Arsenal isn't in Hungary. The brass may be LC, but the ammo isn't.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Even the brass isn't real USGI Lake City. They are just using the name like Springfield, Inc. does today.

·
Registered
750 Posts
There was a thread over on jouster.com about this back in January.

Folks were under the impression that this ammo was a 7.62mm 147gr bullet loaded in a .30-06 LC case. The ammo was reported to be imported by Armscorp in Baltimore, MD.

The ammo was reported as being about .007" shorter than USGI M2 ball and the bullet seated deeper.

There were no range reports on the ammo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts