Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When hunting wabbits be very, very quiet.

From BREITBART:

Reports indicate U.S. soldiers and British Royal Marines have been urged to show "courageous constraint" by not shooting Taliban members spotted planting IEDs.

(snip)

The reason given was that "the sound of shooting 'might wake up and upset the locals."
With Rules of Engagement like this how can we possibly lose?

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Viet Nam redux.:soap::argh:

:giveup:

:cluebat:​

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
t-star,

SOUNDS like a FINE PLAN to me. - the .458x1.5" was DESIGNED FOR that precise reason & it's "quiet as a mouse", too.

That work well in the PSYWAR deal too: plant a bomb; die silently W/O warning.

yours, sw

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
stand watie,

The "Rules of Engagement" have always been wrong, imVho, in Afghanistan. -The rules should have been: COOPERATE with and/or AID the terrorists & you ARE a terrorist.

As an old soldier, i simply think that we ought to NOT enter any conflict where we do not plan to WIN.

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
i have a "love affair" going on with the TAVOR for cqb- a suppressor would only enhance the weapon; even the old m21/25/14 with the old style 2 ft long supressor wouldn't make the neighborhood alive for long-been there. done that, got the t-shirt.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
those "rules of engangement" have always been written by bleeding heart liberals that feel more for the "other " side having to deal with the loss of typically a father, but one of the parents and leaving mom and the kids destitute- in other words outr politicos handicap our people so they CAN'T win- beleive me, the "other " side has no compunctions about playing "dirty pool" whatsoever- and typically, mom can "man up" and replace dad if need be- mine did it, and raised 2 boys- it's a "so-called " tight go, we didn't have advantages that most had, but we made it
and the losses to our troops mean nothing

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
These same geniuses cut the surge before it could work, then they do this. Unreal. They're leaving guys out there and setting a date.

The media meanwhile reports with surprise that the Taliban are no longer interested in negotiating peace and are attacking. Really?

I would have thought if this nation had any reason to fight a war to win it would be what happened in September of 2001. The people in D.C. now seem to want to run out the clock, with no interest in the final score.

They don't get that the rematch might not be an away game if things stay like that.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
to ALL,

FYI, an old army buddy of mine, who is in SOCOM, tells me that we have known with precision (for at least 3 years) where the lairs & training camps of the Taliban/AlQueada are in Afghanistan.

My question is WHY we haven't OBLITERATED them with airstrikes/artillery barrages?????
(doing that ONE thing would "set them back" for YEARS!)

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Oh, you mean that we have at best a bunch of EUNUCHS running the show, if not outright Enemy Sympathizers? Oh, you should see some of the discussion about that heap of crap currently piled into the JCS Chairmanship on some other boards I frequent...

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
t-star,

pardon me for pointing out that hitting a FEW small/concentrated training camps, that are exactly located, is a FAR easier task than essentially wiping out a country.

in this case, it seems to be only WON'T rather than CANNOT.
(it's more of the same STUPIDITY as NOT arming our people at the consulate in Bengazi.)

i was once an 81MM Mortar platoon leader in the TXARNG. - i'd bet that a few tubes & a few cases of rounds would do the job, if nothing else was available.

yours, sw

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
What a bunch of BS. Who are the idiots making these rules? They should be made to ride along with the people they put at risk. A dozen or so maimed or dead may change the thinking, or better yet, get rid of them alltogether.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Since the 1970s I have believed the US Department of State is NOT on the side of the US of A.
Geoff
Who has seen NOTHING in the past 40 years to change his opinion.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Ditto--we knew the State Department was INFESTED with enemy sympathizers as far back as Alger Hiss...

Oh, BTW, re Comsymps, I strongly suggest picking up a copy of Hoover's old book Masters of Deceit--it's creepily prescient about everything the Commies have done to infiltrate the Democratic Party and use it as a means to their own ends, including a lot of this administration's tactics.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
shep854,

YEP, one near silent shot, boobytrap the device & leave the terrorist lying there for the citizens to find in the AM.

that would only have to happen a few times & it would discourage future bombers.

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I think the possibility of the State Department getting way too close to the enemy types in the Middle East is quite apropos these days. Just noting that the "video" excuse for the Benghazi attack didn't just come out from our State Department shortly after the attack, but it came out before it. I really would like to know why the people asking for more security had what little they had on the site pulled, especially with the Sept. 11 anniversary coming up and an escalating series of attacks in the months before, and I wouldn't mind knowing what our "new friends" the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood had to do with it, of course no reporters seem to be asking those questions and the new action line is that anyone who is asking questions about Libya just doesn't like our glorious Administration and is playing politics. (I believe it was an Administration flack in front of Congress who said the only reason Americans care about the murders is that Mitt Romney talked about it in a speech.)

The irony is I am watching European and Middle Eastern Media more than our own. Both of those called Benghazi's events an organized terror attack starting on Sept. 12, 2012. Our media carried the Administration line pretty much solidly until Anderson Cooper and CNN found that diary which had been left to sit in the ruins of the Benghazi consulate. (The one that had been left wide open and unsecured for a week or so, not sure if any FBI or other US agents have arrived in Benghazi yet today.) I hate to do conspiracy theories and I usually avoid them like the plague, but this whole process leading up to the attack is screaming at me, and the amateurish cover up just draws even more attention. I get the feeling there is tons more there, I wonder if anyone in our media will try to find out. I couldn't guess either way if they will or not at this point.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts