Gunhub.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Site Founder
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While living in the south has many advantages, the hurricanes I can really do without. Ground conditions are already near the saturation point with the recent rain. All we need now is a more rain and sustained winds to wreak havoc in the area. I hope board members in the path of Hurricane Charley (especially down in FL) are getting prepared.

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
UH OH!!! Three dead in Cuba, Charley now a Category 4, soon perhaps to become a Category 5. This one's going to hurt, about to hit Port Charlotte, Florida.

·
Site Founder
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got off the phone with Schmit. He's on his way home from work. Everyone got out early with Charley up to a Cat 4. He's ready on the homefront. Hope all will be safe for him and everyone else in the hurricane's path down there in FL.

·
Registered
356 Posts
There's another one on the hook for next weekend. About 50% chance of this being a higher than average season. Calling for 2-4 major hurricanes this season. One down.

·
Registered
455 Posts
According to news reports the Orlando area power grid got pounded pretty hard. It may be a while before Schmit has electronic access again.

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
ODE TO TBECK

Mr. Beck, you have a thick neck,
Indicative of good health,
And much power,
But in this hour,
I greatly fear,
Gazing upon your head,
There be a bullet in your ear.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Report from Orlando

A friend who lives in Orlando sent this around 11 AM EDT today:

"It wasn't pretty last night and it isn't pretty today in the aftermath - but we were most definitely spared from the worst. Took out our pool enclosure and a little tile off our roof and the store went unscathed other then a couple leaks in the roof. We were blessed. Loss of power for only 12 hours.

But what a mess - trees everywhere. Very traumatic - especially for my wife but all is ok and cleanup is just for stuff. "

Don't know exactly where they live, other than Orlando, FL. Hope that Schmidt fared as well, or better.

·
Registered
455 Posts
ODE TO TBECK

Mr. Beck, you have a thick neck,
Indicative of good health,
And much power,
But in this hour,
I greatly fear,
Gazing upon your head,
There be a bullet in your ear.
:shock: :?: My neck is 19". Next time I would prefer a haiku. :p

Spoke with Schmit this morning.
I think I understand. But does he have electricity? Wind gusts of 105mph were reported at OIA. That kind of wind leaves its mark long after it is gone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts