Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Mantegna is one of the "good guys." I enjoy "Criminal Minds" but the show is becoming a bit too formulaic. This latest episode revealing their Tech-Lady's background was interesting because it broke the formula to a degree and gave her a background that was interesting.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I disagree with JM on a few things (mainly details of autism-spectrum community issues, though even there I believe his heart's in the right place, wanting to find help for his own autistic son and share his experience as parent of same with others), but I've always taken one conclusion away from every interview I've read... he's a stand-up guy, the kind ya wouldn't mind sharing a fine cigar, a good bottle, a Chicago-style pizza or some trigger-time with.

Fire Mission time: the libturds are going nuts in Breitbart's comment section, so I'm thinking anywhere this story comes up we ought to close ranks and support One Of Our Own.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am really going to have to start watching that show!

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I was speaking of the globe and anchor on the grips
however, custom engraved DUTY weapons?- Hollywood fantasy at it's finest
granted, there are special duties that require a different gun from the rank and file, but custom ?- this fantasy started with tubbs and crockett back in Miami vice days, or roy and trigger , but duty weapons for real cops?
the custom engraved PRESENTATION weapon usually stays in a velvet lined walnut box, not in a holster

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
It's a stretch... but as he's depicted on Criminal Minds, maybe Rossi has enough clout that he can say "it's mechanically identical to the Springfield Pro I'm authorized to carry with my HRT cert" and get away with it. My sense on Rossi is that he's a practical sort... if a gun comes into his possession he's going to USE it, not let it be a safe-queen.

IRL it'd never happen, but for fiction... well, weirder has happened in entertainment. (Like on a CM fan-fiction forum where I'm their firearms advisor, Rossi's picked up a half-crazy apprentice who carries an original M1921AC Thompson once assigned to Hoover himself as his daily-duty weapon.)

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
I was speaking of the globe and anchor on the grips
however, custom engraved DUTY weapons?- Hollywood fantasy at it's finest
granted, there are special duties that require a different gun from the rank and file, but custom ?- this fantasy started with tubbs and crockett back in Miami vice days, or roy and trigger , but duty weapons for real cops?
the custom engraved PRESENTATION weapon usually stays in a velvet lined walnut box, not in a holster
OK I get it now. I went to the link but despite an implication there was a photo there .... I found no photo there. Though I gather we're discussing a custom engraved 1911 with an anchor on its grips.
I have no idea what gun Rossi carried, though I recall the young blond "brainiac" guy carried a revolver. I don't know what the FBI has on its "approved" guns list; I assume they would issue their SAs weapons, I thought Sig Sauers were in vogue but don't know which model.
I remember when "The X-Files" was on critics complained that Mulder & Scully were issued Sig the FBI didn't issue. Then the matter was corrected.
While I like realism in TV police procedurals I am afraid that appreciation never went so far as what model the agents/officers carried, so long as they weren't holding it "gangsta style," firing off 4,965 rounds between reloads or shooting down 747 airliners with their semiautos.... :rolleyes:

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
Tommy Gunn, et.al.,

It depends on WHICH agency that you're with, WHAT duty station and sometimes WHAT job that you are assigned to, as to what is authorized.
(In USACIDC & as a post PM, I usually carried a "plain vanilla" BHP or a 2" Model 10 S&W, as we frequently were short of M1911 pistols. - Supervisors SELDOM, thank goodness, get "shot at" or "get into gun fights".)

Btw, the BHP that I often carried was "seized from a felon" & "converted to governmental use".

Note: When I was a (VERY junior) DUSM, our supervisors carried ANYTHING that they chose to carry. - "Issue" for ordinary DUSM was a Model 10 S&W or Colt's OP at that time.
(I was issued an "as new", 1956-vintage, Model 10 with 4" barrel. - Only fired it "on the range".)

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
He does a Gun Show on the Outdoor Channel, which is NOT listed in IMDB, imagine that.
MidwayUSA's Gun Stories | Outdoor Channel
Nice music 8mm Mauser from a Spandau I suspect.
Geoff
Who does not watch that show, Criminal Minds, gives me nightmares, which I do not need, my wife is a late person and seldom misses it, even in rapid fire repeats.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts