Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't watch them or follow them online. I don't care who wore what dress. But, I was pleased to hear from my wife just now that Margo Martindale won a well deserved Emmy for Best Supporting Actress in a Dramatic Series, for the role of Mags Bennett, Matriarch of the Bennett Clan. Cheers to you Margo it was well earned and Justified!

Sorry Walton, if you haven't won by now they just aren't going to give you one.​

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
I don't watch them or follow them online. I don't care who wore what dress. But, I was pleased to hear from my wife just now that Margo Martindale won a well deserved Emmy for Best Supporting Actress in a Dramatic Series, for the role of Mags Bennett, Matriarch of the Bennett Clan. Cheers to you Margo it was well earned and Justified!

Sorry Walton, if you haven't won by now they just aren't going to give you one.​
Like you, I don't watch them, and only look at the dresses if everyone is buzzing about some hottie busting out of one. But I join you in congratulating her. I believe I mentioned here some months ago that she certainly deserved it for that portrayal. Good for you, Margo! You mar-GO, girl!

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like you, I don't watch them>>>>>
I don't need no stinkin' Emmys! I have access to the Snake-O-Meter. If I want to get pointed in the right direction, I ask Snake. Don't always agree but the odds are better than from professional critics. :cool:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Alright! Stop the waterboarding! I did it! I...(sob)watched...(gurgle) the Emmy's! :rolleyes:

Don't know why, but I did take in the show. I only got pissed off three or four times, so I guess that's not bad.

But one good thing...I did get to see Margo Martindale's honest and heartfelt reaction to her win that evening.

Another point about her win...as she tried to walk up the ridiculously steep steps leading to the stage, she almost stumbled. Ed O'Neill, ol' Al Bundy himself was up like a shot from his first row seat rushing to her aid...all of the other Brie and Goat cheese crowd sat there making sure their skin was well moisturized.

Ed didn't make all the way to Ms Martindale...one of the presenters (can't remember who) ambled over and gave her a hand.

Oh, and the "I Just Had Sex" musical number, performed in front of an American Flag, and replete with guest vocals by Michael Bolton in a pirate suit definitely spiked my blood pressure. :censored: Even Jon Stewart, during his acceptance speech "thanked" them for giving him a lot of explaining to do to his little girls at home. (although the you'd broadcast would be on time delay on the west coast)

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
You can see Margo's acceptance speech here:

The Al Bundy part's not included, though. Would have liked to see that.

Timothy Olyphant looked very pleased and proud and happy for her. Good for him, too!

As to the song "I Just Had Sex," and Michael Bolton in a pirate suit, that sounds like a mashup of two different "Digital Shorts" from SNL last season. Both were pretty funny when shown after midnight to the SNL audience, who know what they're gonna get. (I laughed, and have seen both at least twice, maybe three times.) Sounds like it was in bad taste on prime time, "family" TV, though. :mad:

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Snake was the first one I heard nominate her for an Emmy.
There's that Snake-O-Meter again. (still would like to see Walton Goggins get some recognition).

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just went through all four pages of Snake's link. Interesting in hindsight.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Just went through all four pages of Snake's link. Interesting in hindsight.
It really is. Although I thought her performance deserved it, I didn't think she had a chance since she was old, overweight and straight. :rolleyes: Ditto with Melissa McCarthy for Mike and Molly. Melisssa is also deserving of an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy for Bridesmaids. If you haven't seen it, it is hilarious! Not just a Chick Flick.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts