Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Back in the day I worked at the range a good bit and one day we had a bunch of rookies coming through. The old SGt. in charge enlisted my help in a wire job.

The PD had some really nice old S&W Model 27s that had been used by the pistol team. Prior to the class he told me he was going to brag about the triggers on those old genus. Then he was going to dry fire it twice and hand it to me. I was to also dry fire it wise and hand it to one of the rookies who thought he was God's gift to firearms. So he pulled the trigger too. You'd be surprised how loud a primer can be...

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Especially a .50 BMG primer while demilling a damaged round, where it could echo from a very high ceiling.

I jumped hurt both ankles coming down.

Geoff
Who notes WWII Infantry Sergeants have an odd sense of humor.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
You'd be surprised how loud a primer can be...
That was a bit impolite.

Of course, I took a 10 inch piece of capped metal pipe with a fuse in it, rolled it into a drunken poker game last Thursday and hollered Bomb !

Pandemonium ensued.

I was unpopular there for a spell...

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Frightening someone with a gun sounds like a Darwin Award entry to me... "COD: Suicide."

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
y'know , it's like a match burning- some folks are content to use it to light a fire, and some folks hold on to it until their fingers get burned- our "heads' used to call it situational fascination- I've seen this 1 many times before and from what i recollect, she was TOLD not to touch the gun- the Russians have a version of this called"dont poke the bear" which is self explainitory

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Yeah, but to do that to your wife...I love mine, but if I did something like that to her I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

Not that I would feel guilty...just memories of Lorena Bobbitt dancing through my head. :help::help:

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I've got news for you, Walt; you're still unpopular there. They're just waiting for your plate of revenge to get cold before they serve it.
Apparently it's reached the proper temperature, there was an unhappy raccoon in my truck this morning.

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Oh and there's the cruel joke of loading a cylinder with light wadcutters, and one magnum round. New shooters are usually convinced that the gun blew up. ... Not that I've ever done anything like that. :bigidea:

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
WaltGraham,

RotflmRao.
(Remind me sometime to tell you about the "plague of dead *****" that "afflicted" the Hughes Springs, TX "gentry" some years ago. = That "pretty much got out of hand".)

yours, sw

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Now that's style!

Also swift and sure retribution...
I like one guy in particular for the '**** caper.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't know I've made him so I've asked him to help me install a new dishwasher Saturday.

I'm also pretty sure he's not down with the "check that line and make sure it's clear" deal...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts