Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am helping a friend ID a gun he just picked up. It looks like a Thompson SMG (but it is not) It is not an Auto Ordinance either, I remember seeing adds for these guns in the usual gun rags but I can't remember the name. The stamp on the gun says Manchester Arms. It has a walnut stock and a plastic vertical forend. Another big difference is the magazine housing in a real Thompson the mag well is cut into the frame on this gun the mag well is like a box that goes around the magazine.

This is driving me nuts I can see the add in my mind but I just can't remember the name of the &*%$ thing!

Does anybody remember what this gun is called? Any sources? Parts etc? Tried Google and Numrich.

·
Super Moderator
13,164 Posts
It sounds like something I think was called a Commando Mark III, or something of the kind. Looked sort of Thompson-ish and used M3 Grease Gun mags. They used to be fairly cheap, too--wish I'd grabbed one when I had the chance! :(

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
There was also the Demro gun made in Manchester, Conn, and possibly also sold as the Manchester.

There was a Model XF-7 Wasp in 9mm and .45 ACP with a folding stock, and a Model T.A.C. with a fixed stock.

Some of the Demro guns had a built-in combination lock.

A fixed stock Demro in excellent condition goes for around $400.00.

These guns were better quality, and a totally different design than the Commando Arms/Volunteer Arms guns.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts