Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
just bought it...
I remember hearing about them making this probably about 2 years ago... donated a few $$ to help them out then also :)

kinda expensive for a DVD (as movies go) but worth it for this I think.

·
Registered
794 Posts
It's a must see! :shock: Show it to every gun owner that you know. I bet if NBC showed it on prime time there would ten million new NRA members the next day.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Bighead said:
It's a must see! :shock: Show it to every gun owner that you know. I bet if NBC showed it on prime time there would ten million new NRA members the next day.
Just the movie clip makes me glad I'm an NRA lifer...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the DVD - watched the movie.

IMHO, this is the most powerful weapon I have seen to counter the gun prohibitionists twisted, anti self defense logic with. Yes, at $29 bucks it ain't cheap, but I think it's worth the price. Now I'm getting as many people as I can to watch it.

·
Registered
762 Posts
My dad purchased this movie and sat my sister and I down to watch it, and while very graphic and disturbing, this is the movie every American needs to see. People need a slap in the face to realize just how many governments murder their own people. The 'it won't happen here' mentality occured to many of the people portrayed on the film, I'm sure.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I'd say that Innocents Betrayed is like heavy artillery, properly used, it can be devastating, but overused, it causes more harm than good. If we keep throwing the movie out every time we meet someone who doesn't get "converted" on the first argument, we might desensitize people to the movie. In other words, we probably ought to use it as a last resort for those who just can't seem to grasp logic.

·
Registered
762 Posts
skslover said:
If we keep throwing the movie out every time we meet someone who doesn't get "converted" on the first argument, we might desensitize people to the movie.
I was about to say 'how could you become desensitized to something like that?!' but in thinking about it I believe you have a good point...Society is largely desensitized to violence through movies, music, and even some computer games. I just don't think such depictions stun us the way they used to. Better to use it as the final shocker. Unfortunately, I think the majority of people today just can't seem to grasp logic. And, sad as it is, I bet some of the sheep would bleat 'It won't happen here' all the way to the gas chamber, viewings of Innocents Betrayed regardless.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts