Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Didn't Lee Harvey Oswald do that?:rolleyes:

One one hand, it's getting to where I don't blame them, OTOH, really, where to go where we have it so good -- especially second amendment-wise?

I'd like to think it's still possible to fix our nation's problems.

What's the name of that old song???...

"Beautiful dreamer, beautiful dreamer ..... ":bolt:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Switzerland, though a lot of the "new arrivals" of the Globalist types are trying to screw that up there apparently.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I personally don't have the inclination nor the resources to move to another country. I have lived in the Philippines and what was then West Germany in the late sixties and early seventies as a kid. Got to live in South Korea and visit Okinawa and Japan as a young adult.

While West Berlin was fun for a teenager in the early 70's, it holds nothing for me now. The others? No friggin' thanks.

I'm like Tommy. Despite our present troubles, I can't think of any other country I'd rather live in.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Thousands (perhaps millions) of people around the world are making amazing sacrifices and suffering tremendous hardships to get into the U.S., and a relative handful are leaving, mostly to save on taxes or make a petulant little statement about politics? Good riddance.

De-population ranks, on our list of national concerns, just below moose halitosis.

Move along folks...nothing to see here.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Thousands (perhaps millions) of people around the world are making amazing sacrifices and suffering tremendous hardships to get into the U.S., and a relative handful are leaving, mostly to save on taxes or make a petulant little statement about politics? Good riddance.De-population ranks, on our list of national concerns, just below moose halitosis.

Move along folks...nothing to see here.
Not to make a proverbial "mountain from a molehill" but I will say one thing about this and more as a warning about what may become of this country than what's going on now .....
(A).. relative handful are leaving, mostly to save on taxes," right now, yes. But what if this trend expands? Already I've heard "chatter" about preventing people who leave who are very wealthy from taking their $$$$$ with them, or in passing some type of heavy handed "exit tax" on them. This would have the effect of constructing a legal wall around America.
"Good riddance?"
Maybe. But consider this; only totalitarian states such as the former USSR, North Korea, and famously, East Berlin (during the cold war) have done anything substantial to prevent their people from leaving. To me it is a penultimate mark of a really tyrannical government.
As I said I want to stay here -- I too have not the werewithal to leave and I will repeat; I still think we can fix our country -- but we can't do that if we move to El Salvador or Timbuktu.
But One mark of a truly free country is it allows people to leave. To pick up their marbles and skadaddle. I say let them.
Our government wants to tax them? No. The **** poli-critters think it's government's money but it is not, it belongs to the persons who earn it; it's the sum of their lives and the work they put into it.
If the policritters don't like it perhaps they could take it as a lesson; they've made it too hard to remain here and other countries are more inviting. Let the policritters become incentivized into making this country -- again -- more inviting.

Yeah. I know. THAT'S GONNA HAPPEN.

Still hearing strains of that ol' song, "Beautiful Dreamer," in the background.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I agree about the true hall mark of a free country being the ability to leave. I lived in West Berlin from the age of 15 to the age 19. I saw the Berlin Wall (from the West Side). Even then, with my post adolescent skull full of mush, I realized what a...crime that was.

Although visits to the east were allowed for most dependents, I couldn't. My Dad was in the then Electronic Security Service (sorta the NSA for the USAF), and we were forbidden from traveling there. No loss. I saw all of the East I wished to see from "our" side of that wall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts