Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
There are threads on the Colt Forum about this. They seem to think the price will be $700.00.

·
Super Moderator
13,172 Posts
The picture looks like, compared to a real Python, what a Smith M28 Highway Patrolman is to a Smith M27.

Still, for seven pigs? They'll have to run three shifts a day.

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The picture looks like, compared to a real Python, what a Smith M28 Highway Patrolman is to a Smith M27.

If they get as close as they have with the SAA clones, they'll sell oodles of them. Chances are the action won't be fully up to Python snuff, but a good gunsmith can cure that. As long as the parts are made to the same external dimensions, steel is good and properly heat treated, the action could be made just as good as a Python can be made. But will they be able to have that legendary Python barrel. The Python's were pretty on the outside, but the inside of that barrel was absolutely top notch.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
With Pythons selling at $3000.00 and up shooters have just about priced out of the market. If some one wants a Python like shooter they should do very well.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts

Abso-fricken-lutely! And while not Colt Royal Blue quality, the bluing on Pieta and Uberti SAA's (as Kevin indicated), along with their current overall quality, is very nice. I sure would give one a whirl.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
IrishCop,

EXACTLY. - IF the clones are sold here, make mine an 8 1/2".
(When the price on Pythons/Model 29s "went through the roof", I sold my 2 "in great demand" revolvers to a "guy with more money than brains" to pay off some of my daughter's grad school expenses.)

yours, sw

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
What kills me is, Pythons are not rare by any means. Nor are they THAT much better of a gun. I just can't see the crazy money they command at all.
I don't understand it either. Fortunately I bought three of them in past years when the price wasn't crazy. They are nice guns but not worth the kind of money they are selling for now.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
Kevin Gibson,

AGREED 100%. = My Model 27 S&W shoots just as nice as a Python and all that my Model 27 had done to it was an Army armorer "trigger tune-up" at USAMPS years ago.
(He also re-tuned my "100 buck" Model 28 four inch & it's nearly as nice.)

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I've seen some highly variable Italian sourced revolvers. The best were priced accordingly. Interesting, does the Beretta group have a lot of cash to buy Colt?
Geoff
Who notes Colt in various configurations has not made many good business decisions in the last 50 years or so.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts