Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nah, I know it's not true. I know that's impossible, because it just is. There are people on these forums from the Chicagoland area. I know not everyone in Chicago is corrupt, negligent, lax, slovenly, sneaky, etc., blah, blahhhh, Bloofy Blahhhh, ad nauseaum. But since the election of the smug, arrogant, two-bit, fake, phony, fraud, empty suit front man we have quite unfortunately residing at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, it seems that one story after another involving some branch of the Chicago "system," politics, finance, law enforcement, I mean, . . .

The Hits Just Keep On Comin'!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/03/20/ev ... latestnews

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
[center:2yjdm9ae]Is Everyone In Chicago Corrupt?[/center:2yjdm9ae]

Well, I just accepted a priori that the answer is "yes."
It makes life so much simpler, and avoids disappointments.
As for the Fox News story ..... geeeesh. You know, I'm sure rape kits have been ... misplaced in other jurisdictions. However, that story is apalling. And all those guns ......

Good grief.
It truly is sick out there .... "and getting sicker." :cry:

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indeed. As The Temptations said 40 years ago, it's just a . . .

"Ball Of Confusion."

". . . And the band played on. . . ."

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmmmmm. JR brings up TR. And I happen to be watching Glenn Beck interview Sarah Palin. Glenn Beck, who has been so instrumental in pointing out the shenanigans of the Progressive movement, of which he has made mention that Teddy Roosevelt was a charter member.

So, this business of dead folks voting, and live cats, dead dogs, illegal aliens, that's "Progressivism," Chicago style, huh? Well, when I was a young lad in 1960, there was a huge commotion around me with regard to the presidential election whenever I was around adults. Please excuse me since I was only four at the time, but it sure did seem like a big deal that The Chicago Political Machine found those votes for Kennedy, because after all, can't let a Republican get in The White House. And half a century later, Chicago's still the same, huh? Well, it's like I tell people all the time. Just take a look at Chicago and Noo Yawk a hundred years ago. Has anything really changed?

And on that note, please excuse me while I go get a little more chagrined about the state of "this once great republic." I can't beat my head against the wall, because I have to go to work early tomorrow morning, in order to pay off the $15,000 in personal debt I've accumulated, as well as try to do something about the credit card and loan debts I have, one account of which has finally served notice on me. Yes, hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go.

WAIT!!! I DON'T REALLY HAVE A JOB!!! Well, thank God a few friends have found some cleaning and heavy lifting, along with a little painting for me to do, huh? Because with the Chicago faction in The White House telling us 8-10% unemployment is going to be the new norm, I can forget about ever getting back to work in the computer field, much less working my way back up to the $65-70k I was making 10-12 years ago. Ahhhhhhh, Chicago, my kind of town, where . . .

". . .they do things they don't do on Broadway." Yeah, I know. And the story I linked is part of that great legacy, huh?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Everytime I hear the word progressive I think about a squad leader I had in the army. Sgt Sullivan was in the 24th ID in Japan when the war in Korea started. He was in the first American contingent to be shipped to Korea, He told me how the guys in his unit really didn't take it too seriously at the time, "We thought we would go over there, earn a combat infantry badge, and come back to Japan in a couple of weeks. We thought the NK army would run away when they encountered American Troops". He told me. Wrong, He was shot and left for dead by his unit and captured by the NKs. It's a wonder they didn't kill him but they didn't. Eventually he wound up in some S-----hole Pow camp in Manchuria. They were being reeducated by the Chinese. The ones who went along with their captors were called "Progessives". Every time I hear that word I think about Sgt. Sullivan.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
yes,

I had a sister, who passed away a few years ago. Her first job as an accountant was to go into the files of the C board of ed and try to help install it on a data base. She kept getting frustrated because the data base was designed to catch entry errors, and they kept showing up time and time again. What she found was it wasnt errors, it was dead people still collecting salaries for 40 years after they died, or one address having 43 employees living at it. Or finding out that someone was working 186 hours a week for the last 19 years, at a school that had been closed and torn down. She left the job after her boss told her to skip trying to fix it. Well, actually she left the job after someone threatened her life over losing their "pad" which was what the added income was called.

It was her educated guess that C BoE was spending 3 times what it needed to spend on salary to get the job done. Note, most of this was not teachers, but janitorial, secretarial, cooks etc. It was the pad that keeps the Dems in force in Chicago.

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow. That's a lot of flat out yes's, just from a few posters so far. And it was sort of a tongue in cheek remark. And while I may be a pretty smart guy, 12.2 reading level in 7th grade, only kid in my junior high to make it to Stuyvesant, I'm not very "well read," nor am I anywhere near as astute as so many of the very well read, world traveled, intelligent, even multi-degreed and widely experienced on this board. I've just got a GED from my days at Stuy High, while a classmate of mine went on to become a principal in The Human Genome Project, and an adviser to the current president.

Ahhh, the current president, yes, the current president. That's a subject, isn't it? And that's what troubles me. And what I may lack in experience, degrees, or reading of "the classics," I don't lack for wisdom or a grasp of The Big Picture. And now, this vaunted Chicago Political Machine that seemed all so important to a curious four year old a half century ago, and which gave us The Dragon Lady, our current, . . .

our current, . . .

snicker, hoot, HOLLER AND YOWL, HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!, . . .

Secretary of State, has given us a president. And it seems that while much of our pop cultures origins have emanated from California, much of our nation's, and quite possibly soon the world's political views and structure, . . .

emanates from Chicago.

And that's bad, because it is increasingly evident, by stories like the link posted above, that just as in Denmark, . . .

something is rotten in Chicago.

And now it stinks up the whole nation.

·
Premium Member
9,290 Posts
Baltimore also has a terrible time with Democrats voting year after year, some for over a century(!!) after they died. It seems that this is more of a party affiliation thing.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
JR said:
Baltimore also has a terrible time with Democrats voting year after year, some for over a century(!!) after they died. It seems that this is more of a party affiliation thing.
I think it may be more accurately described as a combination of certain cities and party affiliation. I am not in a position to say if party affiliation may change posthumously in those cities, in a manner similar to people being baptized into a different church after the end of their life on earth.

·
Premium Member
9,290 Posts
Well, the Democrats certainly feel as those they have a God-given right to use dead people to advance their goals. Who's to say what the aggrieved corpse has to say about it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts