Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rebooted Dallas starts tonight, TNT network at 9 eastern. I was gonna give this a pass but I've read several reviews now that say it's pretty good, and carries on in the spirit of the original. I'll try it for an epsode or two, at least. Not like there's much else on to watch this summer.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
I was a big fan of Victoria Principal----- er, the original DALLAS. Actually I even have the DVD sets of the series. I have been waiting for this re-boot .... though I note with great sadness that Ms. Principal is not in it (her character, Pamela Barnes Ewing, vanished from the series after a tragic automobile accident severaly burned Pamela's enire body).
It will be interesting how long Larry Hagman lasts; I recall reading his health has turned rather southerly recently. That is sad. J.R. was an icon of evil in the 20th century.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Looming "Dallas" Disaster: How Show's Creator Was Cut Out of Reboot
EXCLUSIVE:Tomorrow night's reboot of "Dallas" is getting terrible reviews. Are we surprised? The people who tried to revive it simply snubbed the creator, David Jacobs. What a shame. I loved "Dallas." But it took the right attitude and ingredients to make it work again. Read how it happened:

David Jacobs, creator of "Dallas" and " Knots Landing," tells me he's been excluded entirely from the coming reboot of the famous series on TNT. He will get to keep his "created by" credit, but nothing else, no money, and no participation. ...

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Well, I just saw the pilot of the new and improved DALLAS.

Meh.

It's ... OK. The Southfork house isn't what I remember. The Southfork Ranch was (and is) a real ranch. But the interior we saw in the old TV series was NOT the interior of the real house, it was a set. The real house is quit different inside and reportly NOT as "roomy" as the TV series would have one believe.
I suspect the same is true in this series ..... but I guess it's the "new improved" version.

This version seems to have a higher "soap box" quotient than the original.
It's gonna take a Cray Computor to keep up with who's betraying whom.....:twisted::cluebat::evil:

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have seen the first episode so far, will try to watch the second today.

Best moment: When JR put his hat on, and you could almost see the devil coming back into his eyes. ;)

I'll be rooting for JR and John Ross on this one. Drill, baby, drill, and when you've got the oil out, use some of your profits to put the land back the way it was. What's the big deal? :confused::confused::dunno:

And I've never been on board with the concept of somebody thinking they can control what happens to their property after they sell it (or die). If you own a thing, you ought to be able to use it in any legal way you see fit. If the last owner didn't want it used in some particular way, he/she shouldn't have sold it (or died). (Have run into this issue a couple times lately with old cars--not personally but have read about it.)

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
.....I've never been on board with the concept of somebody thinking they can control what happens to their property after they sell it (or die). If you own a thing, you ought to be able to use it in any legal way you see fit. If the last owner didn't want it used in some particular way, he/she shouldn't have sold it (or died). (Have run into this issue a couple times lately with old cars--not personally but have read about it.)
How can you "not die?" :confused:

Miss Ellie was terrific, but she wasn't perfect.
;)

You can't really blame Bobby Ewing for wanting to keep oil drilling off of Southfork and honoring his mother's wishes. J.R. was the son who had oil in his veins; Bobby, while competitive (even someways better) in Ewing Oil, was always more of a "land" person -- a "Southfork" person -- a rancher.

I was sort of surprised J.R.'s son is so willing to conspire against his own patriarch ...but I guess he learned a little too much from J.R. He-he. Serves J.R. right, IMHO.:p

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
The original Dallas all boiled down to one old Texas Joke:

"Never shoot a Texan with a .38, you'll just piss him off!"

Geoff
Who loved the short video of Larry Hagman shooting JR!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts