Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
threefeathers said:
Agent Freckles is doing a 'bang' up job. I'm a died in the wool fan, but the writers jumped the shark with the 'Starbuck' new character. One of my nephew's has to take a polygraph every two years with a Fed Agency. There is no way in Hades she could get away with it.
Yes and yes.

And I can't believe CTU fell for the old "decoy car" trick; I mean, didn't they have another asset they could task to watch the building :)

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
You know, I recorded the whole season to date and have only watched part of the episode where Freckles come out of the shower...

I guess that makes me shallow.

Justified is pretty good, though...

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Tim Burke said:
Snake45 said:
This week: If an EMP bomb went off inside CTU, how come Starbuck's cell phone still works?
Oh, that one is easy. She knew it was coming, so she had it powered down and in a Faraday cage.
And, I'll certainly accept that a state intelligence agency can create a new identity for her that can withstand a routine background check for security clearance. But how did her former boyfriend track her down?

WaltGraham said:
You know, I recorded the whole season to date and have only watched part of the episode where Freckles come out of the shower...
NYPD Blue did shower exits better.
I had to make a Faraday cage once for a customer whose hi freq arc start was glitching his induction furnace. We used chicken wire with a deeply buried copper earth ground; not purty, but it was effective.

And yes, NYPD Blue did indeed do the shower scenes right, as well as a lot of other things...

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Well, I'm a bit behind; Jack just appropriated the helo, but I can't see him saving the day and retiring to the AZ backcountry.

I'm going out on a limb, but I think he's going to smoke Freckle's killer, expose the Rooskies, save the peace process and somehow give the Prez plausible denial while at the same time turning her away from the dark side and showing her the error of her ways.

I also think it's possible that Dana gets loose and tries to make amends for her evildoing.

And I'm pretty sure Logan is going to get his.

But Jack ain't walking away from this one...

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
felix's tattoo said:
Did everyone get to see Jack do in those 4 or 5 bad guys in the office? Our TV was blacked out for a bit, but then it came back on and showed 3 or 4 lying in pools of blood. Another was impaled to the floor with some sort of spear. Perhaps it was too much for our dainty senses, out here.
I believe that the actual havoc wreaking was left to the imagination.

And the "spear" was actually a fireplace implement...

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I quite liked the finale, even though I'll won't be changing my vocation to soothsayer anytime in the near future.

With the current Prez about to be the ex Prez, Jack's going to be pretty much on his own with nobody to cover his six. Of course, everyone on the planet is going to be after his head... shocker.

My wife thought Jack was moving pretty good for a guy with 2 GSW's and the accompanying blood loss he incurred.

I just looked at her and said: "It's Jack Bauer."

I believe he was using an ACR for his aborted sniper shot, but I'd still like to know what type of weapon he used to breach Logan's Secret Service ride...

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I stand corrected; apparently I have an ACR on my mind, must mean I need to buy one.

Day 8

Fire Axe

Jack ambushed two hitmen, hitting one in the stomach and pushing the other off the stairs.

Heckler and Koch USP Compact

Jack gets ahold of one from Victor Aruz in episode 1 and also gets another from the CTU Armory in episode 2. Jack also uses the USP Compact during the mission to recover the nuclear rods as well as the Operation to save President Hassan and in his revenge against the Russians The H&K USP is Jacks pistol of choice in day 8.

Bread knife

After Renee accidentally stabs Jack, he takes the bread knife he was stabbed with and throws it into Lugo Elson's throat, as he prepared to fire on Renee.

Jumper cables

During his interrogation, Jack grabs the jumper cables with his feet and shocks Dimitri.

Knife

Jack stabs Bazhaev's man when he tries to check the fuse box.

Uzi

Jack uses an Uzi against Sergei Bazhaev.

M4

Jack uses an M4 in the shootout with Ali and his snipers. Jack uses an M4 assault rifle with a C-MORE sight in the kid napping of former President Charles Logan.

Heckler and Koch MP7-A1

Jack is given at least 1 HK MP7-A1 by Jim Ricker, which he used when confronting Cole and his men.

M4 CQBR

Jack used the M4 CQBR to wound 2 Secret Service agents while attacking Charles Logan's convoy.

Microtech HALO

Jack used a Microtech Troodon with Wharncliffe-style blade to carve open Pavel Tokarev's stomach to extract Pavel's SIM card.

Fireplace poker

Jack used a fireplace poker to impale Mikhail Novakovich in the stomach.

SCAR-L

Jack used a SCAR-L to threaten Charles Logan, and almost assassinated Russian President Yuri Suvarov.

Source

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Tim Burke said:
About how many would I need to watch to get caught up?
I believe there are 12 so far.

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/origina ... pisode.php

Me, I'd just watch the one I have and decide if I wanted to watch the previous eps, although I don't think Raylan shot anyone this week.

The backstory isn't something you can't figure out in pretty short order, there's probably a synopsis on the FX website.

At any rate, I expect we'll be going into repeat mode shortly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.