Gun Hub Forums banner
21 - 40 of 99 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,187 Posts
DavidE said:
Looks like I was right about the "parole officer" too. Maybe she'll be smart and figure a way to scratch him off the worry list in all the confusion but....
Always good to see Stephen Root, one of the better character actors of our day.

·
Super Moderator
13,187 Posts
guntotin_fool said:
JImmy james back to the rescue, now if he could only find that Mr Peabodies way-back-machine he was always looking for and get these writers some help.
Or maybe he'll burn down the building and everything in it, if he doesn't get his red Swingline back! :lol:

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
And we found out he was probably a good guy, and was punching way over his weight in skill, but didn't know all of what he was investigating unfortunately (like we didn't) plus the background thing got a big explanation. Heck of a twist.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
WaltGraham said:
Apparently, after May, Jack won't be back...

At least on the small screen.
It sounds like they are going for an unconventional ending.

It has always been one of the best acted shows on TV. Sad to see it go, it really dominated the decade in so many ways. I wonder how the movie will go?

"Shattered Glass" was very well written so we will see.

David

·
Super Moderator
13,187 Posts
Forgot to mention last week: Those two guys with Jack and Keanu Reeves Jr. might as well have been wearing red Star Fleet shirts.

This week: If an EMP bomb went off inside CTU, how come Starbuck's cell phone still works?

By the end of tonight's show, I was losing interest in the whole thing. I might not even finish the season.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
You know, I recorded the whole season to date and have only watched part of the episode where Freckles come out of the shower...

I guess that makes me shallow.

Justified is pretty good, though...

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
Snake45 said:
This week: If an EMP bomb went off inside CTU, how come Starbuck's cell phone still works?
Oh, that one is easy. She knew it was coming, so she had it powered down and in a Faraday cage.
And, I'll certainly accept that a state intelligence agency can create a new identity for her that can withstand a routine background check for security clearance. But how did her former boyfriend track her down?

WaltGraham said:
You know, I recorded the whole season to date and have only watched part of the episode where Freckles come out of the shower...
NYPD Blue did shower exits better.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Tim Burke said:
Snake45 said:
Oh, that one is easy. She knew it was coming, so she had it powered down and in a Faraday cage.
And, I'll certainly accept that a state intelligence agency can create a new identity for her that can withstand a routine background check for security clearance. But how did her former boyfriend track her down?

WaltGraham said:
I had to make a Faraday cage once for a customer whose hi freq arc start was glitching his induction furnace. We used chicken wire with a deeply buried copper earth ground; not purty, but it was effective.

And yes, NYPD Blue did indeed do the shower scenes right, as well as a lot of other things...

·
Super Moderator
13,187 Posts
Tim Burke said:
Oh my yes. I still have fantasies about Sipowitz's blonde hottie getting out of the shower. How did they ever get away with that on network TV?

·
Super Moderator
13,187 Posts
Nixon's back--tan, rested, and ready.

Jack gets some.

And Chloe's large and in charge.

Except for that little unpleasantness near the end, it was the BEST EPISODE EVER!

(Are they going to kill off everyone in this final season? If so, I hope that ugly Hillary-lookalike "madame president" is high on the list.)

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Tim Burke said:
I'm annoyed. Renee is dead and Dana isn't?

On the plus side, for the first time that I can recall, the person running CTU has good instincts.
Next week from the previews it looks like the bad guys have decided Dana/Jennifer is inconvenient, her only hope could be Bauer.

Yeah Bauer is going to go off now, that's for sure. Amazing ep. all that Snake said plus Mrs. IRK President doing the Corazon Aquino/Benazir Bhutto thing. (There is a bit of a resemblance there to Bhutto or is it just me?)

I kind of like Cherry Jones, I see the Hillary reference, interesting that it was Obama that ended up elected instead. I like Jones' character a bit more than Hillary. I also hope that Ms. Wersching finds a role on a nice series or even movies down the road, she's earned it. Great acting these past two seasons.

(PS anyone here ever see the South Park riff on 24 called The Snuke? )

·
Super Moderator
13,187 Posts
Have you ever seen a better F-U look on network TV than the one Jack gave the Prezznit tonight? :shock:

DavidE said:
(PS anyone here ever see the South Park riff on 24 called The Snuke? )
Yah, we discussed it here a couple years ago. Run a search, I just re-read it recently so it's still here. :wink:

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Well, Logan shows up one week .... and the current prez goes over to the dark side the very next week.
Machiavelli would be sooooooo proud........ :twisted:

Six more episodes for the peace talks to blow up on Cherry Jones. :p

21 - 40 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.