Gun Hub Forums banner
61 - 80 of 99 Posts
Discussion starter · #61 ·
one nitpick, the time frame between dousing the Russkie with alcohol or lighter fluid was too short when he then grabbed the standard Propane torch, (which does not have a click starter) and then he clicks it and starts to roast the evil Trotskyite with the torch. Both kids caught it right away, ("Hey that torch does not have a clickie starter, and what happened to the irritant he just sprayed the guy with, He should be a big ball of flame_)

Obviously immersion in stomach acid does not ruin a micro SD card.

nice effects with the torch and smoke passing in front of the camera tho..

he has the guy standing on his feet, Smashing the metatarsals will get people compliant long before a torch will. Being forced to stand on broken bones is incredibly painful, and nauseating at the same time, but thats not good TV I guess.

guntotin_fool said:
one nitpick, the time frame between dousing the Russkie with alcohol or lighter fluid was too short when he then grabbed the standard Propane torch, (which does not have a click starter) and then he clicks it and starts to roast the evil Trotskyite with the torch. Both kids caught it right away, ("Hey that torch does not have a clickie starter, and what happened to the irritant he just sprayed the guy with, He should be a big ball of flame_)

Obviously immersion in stomach acid does not ruin a micro SD card.

nice effects with the torch and smoke passing in front of the camera tho..

he has the guy standing on his feet, Smashing the metatarsals will get people compliant long before a torch will. Being forced to stand on broken bones is incredibly painful, and nauseating at the same time, but thats not good TV I guess.
I agree, maybe a bit less telegenic.. whoever said the smoke effects were well done was right on the mark. It would be pretty nasty to bust the feet though.

One thing I noticed was that Jack was pissed (no really) but thinking about it, the more frustrated he was the less he might have been thinking, like when he lost it and just beat the guy down.

And yeah, the moment he said "You dumb bastard" after realizing the bad guy had swallowed it, oops... man he did him like a bluefish.

Michael Madsen is a pretty neat guest too by the way. The "Russian" actor was pretty good for his time on the show.

It is interesting to watch the two zombies that Logan put in CTU as it all collapses around them....

Discussion starter · #64 ·
The busted feet thing was something I learned about in Central America. They would tie a guy so he had to stand, then butt stroke his arches to pulp. We found one guy who had been made to stand for two days on feet like that................. he was tied so that even if he fell forward, all the weight was on the broken bones. I really, really hope Jack gets to work over the Former for a while. I have a feeling the writers decided we're done anyway, lets really shake them up with some of the stuff we have learned from some of the tech advisors.

[center:2y7yj5at]
DavidE said:
Michael Madsen is a pretty neat guest too by the way. ...
[/center:2y7yj5at]

I liked him from his role in the "SPECIES" movies.
He also had a short-lived TV series a few years back. I forget the title of the series but it was rather like an updated version of "THE EQUALIZER." It was a good attempt ... wish it had been around longer.

LOVED IT when Jack came down the alley dressed as Iron Man! :twisted:

How many Russkies did Jack kill? One last week .... an office full + security tonight ...

I think Jack is annoyed.

I suspect next week he'll be REALLY P'O'D!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

I was a little disappointed that Logan survived, until I discovered he lived just so he could be used. I'm sure Jack will double back and pick him up. After all, Logan was responsible for the death of President David Palmer.

Well, we shall find out next week. It all ends next week. Just FYI; the last two episodes will be shown back to back and 24 will start one hour earlier than it's normal time.
Set your VCRs or DVRs accordingly!

Did everyone get to see Jack do in those 4 or 5 bad guys in the office? Our TV was blacked out for a bit, but then it came back on and showed 3 or 4 lying in pools of blood. Another was impaled to the floor with some sort of spear. Perhaps it was too much for our dainty senses, out here.

felix's tattoo said:
Did everyone get to see Jack do in those 4 or 5 bad guys in the office? Our TV was blacked out for a bit, but then it came back on and showed 3 or 4 lying in pools of blood. Another was impaled to the floor with some sort of spear. Perhaps it was too much for our dainty senses, out here.
I believe that the actual havoc wreaking was left to the imagination.

And the "spear" was actually a fireplace implement...

WaltGraham said:
felix's tattoo said:
I believe that the actual havoc wreaking was left to the imagination.

And the "spear" was actually a fireplace implement...
Confirm and concur with that interpretation completely. :thumbsup:

Yes, the way the show was structured deliberatly left the actual mayhem to the imagination.
Probably a wise idea.

TommyGunn said:
Yes, the way the show was structured deliberatly left the actual mayhem to the imagination.
Probably a wise idea.
Agreed - 24 shows a lot, but inference can be effective as well. Hellacious episode.

I'm guessing that gizmo Jack slipped in on the bad guys has a record function.....!

They picked up the one person, but they already delivered the message to somewhere it would really count. Also, the UN is a good place to go if the US people are after you.

I have a feeling the Russian President is going to be none too pleased with Logan. Not only Bauer is mad at Logan now!

DavidE said:
I'm guessing that gizmo Jack slipped in on the bad guys has a record function.....!
Concur.

They picked up the one person, but they already delivered the message to somewhere it would really count.
Meredith had the original thumb drive, but I have to believe that Jim Ricker, the Michael Madsen character, also has a copy of the video. Jack may have a copy, too.

I have a feeling the Russian President is going to be none too pleased with Logan.
Not for long.

A bullet through Logan's brain might actually improve it.

I thought all this time the President was supposed to be "Hillary," but tonight proved that wasn't the case. This President showed that she actually has some principles, and knows right from wrong.

Did you laugh or cheer when Jack bit Pillar's ear? (Guilty as charged.) :oops:

I liked Jack's goodbye to Chloe (who IMHO has always been the real star of the show).

Maybe FOX will eventually give us a Chloe spinoff. We can hope. :wink:

Snake45 said:
Did you laugh or cheer when Jack bit Pillar's ear?
Cheered.

Tim Burke on May 5 said:
...but I can't see him saving the day and retiring to the AZ backcountry.
Concur
Check.

[quote:1zxatzao]I think he's going to smoke Freckle's killer, expose the Rooskies,
Concur.[/quote:1zxatzao]Check.

[quote:1zxatzao]save the peace process
The Magic 8-ball says, "Reply hazy. Try again."[/quote:1zxatzao]Well, I can't take any credit when I didn't make a prediction.

[quote:1zxatzao]give the Prez plausible denial while at the same time turning her away from the dark side and showing her the error of her ways.
No, I think she's going down, hard, perhaps even resigning, over her poor judgment.[/quote:1zxatzao]Ding ding ding!

[quote:1zxatzao]And I'm pretty sure Logan is going to get his.
Personally delivered at close range by Jack.[/quote:1zxatzao]Well, Logan got his, at close range, but not by Jack, personally. Bzzzzzt!

[quote:1zxatzao]Jack ain't walking away from this one...
I'm not sure about this one, either. He may go dark, he may get incarcerated, but I don't think they will kill him off.[/quote:1zxatzao]Ding ding.

I quite liked the finale, even though I'll won't be changing my vocation to soothsayer anytime in the near future.

With the current Prez about to be the ex Prez, Jack's going to be pretty much on his own with nobody to cover his six. Of course, everyone on the planet is going to be after his head... shocker.

My wife thought Jack was moving pretty good for a guy with 2 GSW's and the accompanying blood loss he incurred.

I just looked at her and said: "It's Jack Bauer."

I believe he was using an ACR for his aborted sniper shot, but I'd still like to know what type of weapon he used to breach Logan's Secret Service ride...

WaltGraham said:
I believe he was using an ACR for his aborted sniper shot,
Michael commented during the show that he thought that it was a SCAR. He was pretty sure he saw the FN logo on the rifle. I think I still have it DVRed. I'll check it again. Might still have the Iron Man scene, too.

61 - 80 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.