Gun Hub Forums banner
81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
SCAR it was, side view of the stock confirmed it.

I thought the same thing, I want his doctors from CTU< get a 9 thru and thru at 7 feet, and up and around with enough gas to try and fight the Hit man, and survive a roll over in the ambush. pretty damn good doctoring. that would would have probably his the braxial vein, if not the top of the left lung, ugly place to get shot.

The movie? kill the rooskies, the bullet on the former prez will be determined to have missed the frontal lobes and will have left him nasty and crippled but still alive. angle was too steep on the shot.












anyone else think that he was gonna tell Chloe "I love you" when he was looking up.... I sure did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,940 Posts
I stand corrected; apparently I have an ACR on my mind, must mean I need to buy one.

Day 8

Fire Axe

Jack ambushed two hitmen, hitting one in the stomach and pushing the other off the stairs.

Heckler and Koch USP Compact

Jack gets ahold of one from Victor Aruz in episode 1 and also gets another from the CTU Armory in episode 2. Jack also uses the USP Compact during the mission to recover the nuclear rods as well as the Operation to save President Hassan and in his revenge against the Russians The H&K USP is Jacks pistol of choice in day 8.

Bread knife

After Renee accidentally stabs Jack, he takes the bread knife he was stabbed with and throws it into Lugo Elson's throat, as he prepared to fire on Renee.

Jumper cables

During his interrogation, Jack grabs the jumper cables with his feet and shocks Dimitri.

Knife

Jack stabs Bazhaev's man when he tries to check the fuse box.

Uzi

Jack uses an Uzi against Sergei Bazhaev.

M4

Jack uses an M4 in the shootout with Ali and his snipers. Jack uses an M4 assault rifle with a C-MORE sight in the kid napping of former President Charles Logan.

Heckler and Koch MP7-A1

Jack is given at least 1 HK MP7-A1 by Jim Ricker, which he used when confronting Cole and his men.

M4 CQBR

Jack used the M4 CQBR to wound 2 Secret Service agents while attacking Charles Logan's convoy.

Microtech HALO

Jack used a Microtech Troodon with Wharncliffe-style blade to carve open Pavel Tokarev's stomach to extract Pavel's SIM card.

Fireplace poker

Jack used a fireplace poker to impale Mikhail Novakovich in the stomach.

SCAR-L

Jack used a SCAR-L to threaten Charles Logan, and almost assassinated Russian President Yuri Suvarov.

Source
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,943 Posts
Went back and watched it and could see the FN logo, once I knew to look for it. No longer have any previous episodes, so I couldn't check for the Iron Man weapons, although the "Previously on 24" recap at the start of the episode did show him using some AR pattern rifle at the start of the Iron Man scene.
Like the IMDB link, although I wonder about this:
The NYPD officer aims his Beretta 92FS (which is inaccurate in real life)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,943 Posts
I may have misinterpreted his comment. I took it as a knock on the Beretta's accuracy. You're probably right... he's probably just saying that NYPD does not carry Berretta 92s.

According to The Gun Zone, authorized NYPD duty weapons are the Glock Model 19, the S&W Model 5946, and the Sig P-226 (DAO). Last revision to that page was 4/13/07.

I haven't watched Justified yet, but I did DVR this week's episode.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,187 Posts
Tim Burke said:
I haven't watched Justified yet, but I did DVR this week's episode.
If you haven't seen any of them, do make the effort to watch all the episodes in order. Although each episode is pretty much "stand-alone," there is a continuing storyline that runs through most of them, and this week's episode in particular is a strong continuation of the larger story arc. I think these are now available on HULU.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,940 Posts
Tim Burke said:
About how many would I need to watch to get caught up?
I believe there are 12 so far.

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/origina ... pisode.php

Me, I'd just watch the one I have and decide if I wanted to watch the previous eps, although I don't think Raylan shot anyone this week.

The backstory isn't something you can't figure out in pretty short order, there's probably a synopsis on the FX website.

At any rate, I expect we'll be going into repeat mode shortly.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
7,758 Posts
Most of the backstory can be gleaned from the Elmore Leonard novels Pronto and Riding the Rap and the short story Fire in the Hole, though they don't match up exactly to the television versions.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,187 Posts
DO at least try to watch the very first episode, which will at least give you some clue as to who the two main characters in the latest episode are.

Hell, watch them all. They've all been entertaining--right up there with those Tom Selleck Jesse Stone movies (though very different in temperament and pacing). Did you see HBO's Deadwood? It's kinda like that, set in the modern day, with the sex & language cleaned up just a bit for basic (commercial) cable. Great stuff; everyone I know who watches it enjoys it immensely.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,187 Posts
And, BTW, we already have a thread running here on Justified. For any further comment on that show, please post in that thread. Thanks!

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=61414
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,267 Posts
guntotin_fool said:
SCAR it was, side view of the stock confirmed it.

I thought the same thing, I want his doctors from CTU< get a 9 thru and thru at 7 feet, and up and around with enough gas to try and fight the Hit man, and survive a roll over in the ambush. pretty damn good doctoring. that would would have probably his the braxial vein, if not the top of the left lung, ugly place to get shot.

The movie? kill the rooskies, the bullet on the former prez will be determined to have missed the frontal lobes and will have left him nasty and crippled but still alive. angle was too steep on the shot.

anyone else think that he was gonna tell Chloe "I love you" when he was looking up.... I sure did.
+1 to the last, I was waiting for it too. I kind of thought they would have ended that way. Maybe trying to keep the tension for the movie, but it would have so fit especially with what he said at the end.

Logan as crippled and angry would be hard core, either as a threat or a reluctant adviser, with Pierce as his attendant. Having to be cared for by Pierce would be hard on him.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,943 Posts
DavidE said:
Logan as crippled and angry would be hard core, either as a threat or a reluctant adviser, with Pierce as his attendant. Having to be cared for by Pierce would be hard on him.
Logan is done. Regardless of his wounds and his degree of recovery from them, he's done. His advice destroyed Taylor's Presidency, and he is culpable for most of the criminal acts and was the key player in the conspiracy. He's too toxic to accomplish anything.
As for Pierce, I thought he was retired. Even if he wasn't, he could (and ethically should) refuse that assignment. Don't forget, Logan was going to have him killed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,267 Posts
Tim Burke said:
DavidE said:
Logan as crippled and angry would be hard core, either as a threat or a reluctant adviser, with Pierce as his attendant. Having to be cared for by Pierce would be hard on him.
Logan is done. Regardless of his wounds and his degree of recovery from them, he's done. His advice destroyed Taylor's Presidency, and he is culpable for most of the criminal acts and was the key player in the conspiracy. He's too toxic to accomplish anything.
As for Pierce, I thought he was retired. Even if he wasn't, he could (and ethically should) refuse that assignment. Don't forget, Logan was going to have him killed.
I know. I just was thinking what a situation it would be for Logan.

Even if he lives he'll be in a secure facility, exactly what type would be relative to the level of damage he took.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,267 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,267 Posts
threefeathers said:
I think the Ruskies will be the B G's and a Putin type character will show up. Perhaps Jack saves Merkle.
That would be neat, it would even tie in with the "German" ID he used at the beginning of Day 8.

Having Prochnow back as the mob boss mad at his President would be neat too.
 
81 - 100 of 106 Posts
Top