Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, while looking for something else entirely (ain't it always the way?), I found something I'd been looking for for two or three years--my old tape of Jackie Brown, IMHO Quentin Tarantino's alltime finest film.

Based on an Elmore Leonard novel (as so many great movies are), Jackie Brown--unlike most Tarantino flicks--has an understandable story with a beginning, a middle, and an end. And enough twists and moments of doubt to keep you on the edge of your seat. Talk about running your characters up a tree and shaking a stick at them! Jackie's gotten herself in a situation where she's going to have to double-cross somebody whom she's made promises to--but who will it be? And how on earth will she outsmart and run the gantlet of at least three different "teams" trying to bring her down?

An unabashed love letter to '70s Blaxploitation B-movies, Tarantino's masterpiece features outstanding performances from Pam Grier, Robert Forster, the great Samuel L. Jackson, and Michael Keaton, and yeoman work from Robert DeNiro and Bridget Fonda. If you've never seen it, put it on your Netflix queue or keep an eye open for it in the bargain bin at the DVD emporium. A gritty, nail-biting, fun ride! Very Most Way Excellent--Snake's highest rating. ;-)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Love it to death. You're rooting for her the whole time, just knowing it wasn't going to end well (not an uncommon fini in a Tarantino flick.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts