Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some information and wondering if anyone here can help. I am a Chief of Police and in the 1970's and 1980's I was heavily involved in combat shooting. We held the Iowa Practical Pistol Championships in McGregor Iowa and Jake Jatras from Combat Shooters Report would come over for the matches. I went to Sioux City Iowa and stayed at his house while attending combat pistol matches in Nebraska.

I am trying to see if anyone knows what happened to Jake. I have searched the internet and found a Jake Jatras that died in Dubuque Iowa in 2008 but I didn't know Jake to be from Duluth MN or Dubuque. I read a comment from Mas Ayoob, who I brought to Iowa for training way back in the day that referenced that Jake was last known in Texas around 2007.

I would appreciate anyones assistance as to what ever became of Jake. I am still in law enforcement. After a stint in Texas as a Chief of Police, I am currently back in Minnesota as a Chief. Still shooting when I can and reliving some ofthe old times and just trying to find out what happened to old friends that I have lost track of.

Thanks for any information.

Todd Miller
Director of Public Safety
Mankato MN
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
As a Chief of Police you probably already know this, but I learned it from a classmate who was a state Attorney General at the time.

I was telling the AG about a mutual friend and classmate I was looking for, who had seemed to drop off the face of the earth. He said, "Nowadays, if you can't find someone on the internet, they're either dead or in prison."

I have since learned that prison populations have become pretty easy to search (don't ask), leaving only one likely answer.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
Chieftam,

SORRY about your loss of a friend.

Nonetheless, WELCOME to the forum.

yours, sw

1 - 4 of 4 Posts