Gunhub.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, has anyone ever herd of M1 carbines being manufactured in Japan? I was told that Japan made carbines from a company called howa.

I would assume that if japan did manufacure M1 carbines, it was after ww2 for either the occupation forces or the new army .

Are they any good?
Are they usgi compatible?

·
Premium Member
9,290 Posts
Actually, I believe that HOWA manufactured a slightly modified version of the M1 Carbine for the Thai Army. There was a small lot surplused about 10-15 years ago. :D

G

·
0 Posts
Actually, Howa manufactured M1 Carbines for their "Self-Defense" forces after WWII marked U3 M1, and made a commercial model 300. Howa also was resonsible for the Arisaka Model 38 and 99 bolt action rifles during WWII, and were licensed by the post-war Japanese government as the exclusive manufacturers of rifles, carbines, automatic weapons and mortars in Japan, and the major portion of firearms required by the Japanese. Larry Ruth, War Baby! Comes Home, also a long article on Howa model 300 commercial carbine and other ventures. :D

G

·
0 Posts
You bet JR, but it aint cheap! Very good, but not cheap! :lol: :lol: Buying the pair would pay for alot of ammo. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts