Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,
The Original Blogger Chaos Manor - Jerry Pournelle | the original blog of Jerry Pournelle's Chaos Manor

Shooter, prepper, when prepping wasn't cool, and polymath Jerry Pournelle suffered a stroke before Christmas.

Many of us know him from his Byte Magazine columns, his association with Mel Tappan and his largely military SF. Zeke his S-100 bus computer resides in the Smithsonian collection.

Not a bad guy even if he is a revolver man and ex-Cav.

Geoff
Who notes he first read Jerry on line with an Osborne portable computer with two 5.25" 180KB floppies and 64Kb memory and a 4.7" screen, white on black.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. I will send my prayers for a complete recovery.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
... an embarrassment of copycats.
I don't want to hijack a thread about a very serious subject, but I must say parenthetically that, of all the collective nouns I have heard, this is a masterpiece.

If you coined it yourself, my hat's off to you sir.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes, thank you. A "murder" of crows, a "hive" of bees, a "congress" of baboons, and an "embarrassment" of copycats... I will take credit for the latter.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Yes, thank you. A "murder" of crows, a "hive" of bees, a "congress" of baboons, and an "embarrassment" of copycats... I will take credit for the latter.
You have a lot of gall insulting baboons by comparing them to D.C. politicians! :rolleyes::cryinlaugh::cryinlaugh::cryinlaugh:;) :neer: :neer::mrgreen::rotflmao:

:bolt:​

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I'm still waiting on the 4th volume of Janissaries, and more on the rise of Sparta!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts