Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The newest Jesse Stone movie will air Sunday night, 9-11, on CBS. Title is Benefit of the Doubt.

I love Jesse Stone movies and know there are many fans here. ;)

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
My DVD recorder will be set.
Although being rerun season I suspect there will be no conflicts so I may get to just watch it ..."live," so to speak.

·
Super Moderator
13,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My DVD recorder will be set.
Although being rerun season I suspect there will be no conflicts so I may get to just watch it ..."live," so to speak.
Not rerun season yet. It'll be up against, for example, the season finale of Celebrity Apprentice (which I also love).

May Sweeps end next Wednesday night (American Idol finale). THEN it's rerun/summer replacement season. (Whatever happened to Dean Martin's Golddiggers?)

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Not rerun season yet. It'll be up against, for example, the season finale of Celebrity Apprentice (which I also love).

May Sweeps end next Wednesday night (American Idol finale). THEN it's rerun/summer replacement season. (Whatever happened to Dean Martin's Golddiggers?)
Shockingly, I don't care about CELEBRITY APPRENTICE.
All the shows I watch regularly have concluded their seasonal runs, PERSON OF INTEREST last night, CSI NEW YORK and BLUE BLOODS last friday. Sunday I really only watched the Fox lineup (Simpsons, etc) and suffered through CSI MIAMI.
I will probably be watching more DVDs from now on.... and there's a stack of books I need to read.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Shockingly, I don't care about CELEBRITY APPRENTICE.
All the shows I watch regularly have concluded their seasonal runs, PERSON OF INTEREST last night, CSI NEW YORK and BLUE BLOODS last friday. Sunday I really only watched the Fox lineup (Simpsons, etc) and suffered through CSI MIAMI.
I will probably be watching more DVDs from now on.... and there's a stack of books I need to read.
I have already started down that road very little I watch TV anymore pretty selective.The book now is "The Rising Sun" by John Toland very interesting read the way it is laid out but too many Japanese names to remember much less pronounce :) Gualacanal ended being quite bloody for the Imperial Army and the Navy somewhat something I never quite got from all the TV documentries.Cheers

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
>>>Gualacanal ended being quite bloody for the Imperial Army and the Navy somewhat something I never quite got from all the TV documentries.Cheers
You have to remember that surrender being anathema to Japanese soldiers that regardless of US and Allied losses the Japanese were pretty much annihilated on all those islands and atolls.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Walt apperently you and I are the only ones who watched it.

Selleck did a great job of playing a tortured soul

great dog

the gal singer in the bar is magnificent (voice that is)

since the bad guy got away at the end... where do we go now?

·
Super Moderator
13,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Walt apperently you and I are the only ones who watched it.

Selleck did a great job of playing a tortured soul

great dog

the gal singer in the bar is magnificent (voice that is)

since the bad guy got away at the end... where do we go now?
I watched it--first half last night, the second hour this afternoon.

Maybe I missed or forgot something, but...

Definitely not the best movie of the series. Not sure what was missing but I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the others.

Why did he keep looking at the pictures of the burned-up bodies? Was there a clue of some sort in there that I missed? What was the clue in the tape of the 911 call?

Does "Suitcase" back in uniform at the end mean that there will be another movie in the series? I hope so.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
The rest of the folks may be waiting for those who recorded it to catch up.

I forget about that sometimes.

As for where we're going:

Selleck says it could be his last time in the role ... for CBS, anyway.

"Bless them, they've done eight of these that always perform far above what's normally in the time slot," he tells Zap2it. "but they are constantly perplexed [by the thought], 'We're not in the two-hour-movie business.' That being said, that's not the end of Jesse, or at least I don't think so. There are a lot of other entities, whether cable or even feature films, but this is most likely the last one on CBS. I'm not done with the character, though."

Source

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Just watched the Jesse Stone movie. Our bad guy beat a "hasty" retreat at the end :rolleyes: to turn up in a future movie...?
An "odd choice" for a "sniper rifle?" Well, unusual I guess, but the classic sniper rifle (atleast in my experience, which is ...dare I say? .... movies &TV... ) is a bolt action. It would seem to me a lever action has better follow up shots which would make it superior.
But of course that begs the question why not a semi-auto .... which would have been adequate for what was needed. An AR would have been fine ....save for it not passing muster as a "deer rifle" so nicely, I suppose.

I concur with Snake45 this was not as good as most of the earlier movies. Still rather like it. It's a bit more subtle than much of the TV detective fodder, in my estimation.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Very weak ending this time, too subtle for me. Under New England, Massachusetts rules a lever gun, I think it was a Browning might make sense from a regulatory stand point.

I'm just not certain who the shooter was working for, who his target was and why the drug bust occurred off stage. Now if Arthur the Assassin did the two LEOs, then Jessie's .45s up his tuchis makes sense.

There was an "incomplete" feel to the whole thing. Did they change writing crew?

Geoff
Who notes it dragged more than usual.

·
Super Moderator
13,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just found out that there was a JS movie last year, and I think I missed it. I believe the last one I saw was No Remorse. Nuts.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I just found out that there was a JS movie last year, and I think I missed it. I believe the last one I saw was No Remorse. Nuts.
Yep, apparently there were 2 I missed, I'm going to rectify that this weekend.

1. 1- 1 20 Feb 05 Stone Cold
2. 1- 2 15 Jan 06 Night Passage
3. 1- 3 30 Apr 06 Death in Paradise
4. 1- 4 22 May 07 Sea Change
5. 1- 5 1 Mar 09 Thin Ice
6. 1- 6 9 May 10 No Remorse
7. 1- 7 22 May 11 Innocents Lost
8. 1- 8 20 May 12 Benefit of the Doubt

And I'm not sure there was actually going to be a drug buy, the whole deal may have been a planned hit on Jesse from the beginning. Hasty apparently didn't think he'd be leaving the ship by the same route he boarded it or even going home for that matter. And the way he looked at Thelma earlier looked more calculating than lascivious. I expect he knew of the relationship with Jesse as well as her other undercover activities. Look for her to end up in harm's way next installment.

As for the sniper, it may have been his voice on the recording luring the sheriff and deputy to the kill zone. And the only issue that I had with the "sniper rifle masquerading as a deer gun" was the big mag light mounted to it. Seemed an odd accessory for a sniper or a hunter.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
........ And the only issue that I had with the "sniper rifle masquerading as a deer gun" was the big mag light mounted to it. Seemed an odd accessory for a sniper or a hunter.
Ya don't s'pose THAT was what alerted Jesse to the intentions of "Art" -- aside from following him??:wink:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
The light might have been for flexibility. Assassins are not snipers, if this guy was a paid hitter he would have wanted a long arm that could be used under various conditions and then dumped.

Geoff
Who wonders why Jessie didn't call for help and wait for the state SWAT Team to clear the vessel.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
The light might have been for flexibility. Assassins are not snipers, if this guy was a paid hitter he would have wanted a long arm that could be used under various conditions and then dumped.

Geoff
Who wonders why Jessie didn't call for help and wait for the state SWAT Team to clear the vessel.
Then the show would have been called "S.W.A.T." not "Jesse Stone:"
:headbonk::cryinlaugh:

:cheerschug:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts