Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped off a Danish to have rebarreled by Fulton Armory, picked up 2 M1 stocks with nice grain. Hoped to see Walt and Clint's new book, not till Monday, stopped by the CMP picked up a case of Ball, a RG Greek with a like new barrel TE-2, MW of 1 all black finish with a ton of grease,
more than what was on some of the 03's, black finish on all metal with a very bad looking lite gray OP rod and fire wood for a stock. The place was packed, one thing nice about being so busy is a good turn over of rifles to pick from if you have the time.

The Question why would the CMP North store have a ton of 7mmBR brass and a ton of 7mm 162gr. Hornady BTHP's for sale?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I wondered that as well, about the 7mm stuff that is. Arrington down on the end of vendor's row has new Boyd's M-1 stock sets for $80.00. I picked one up for my Greek. It was a drop in. Great fit and perfect pull up on the trigger group. Sherluk has new GI gas cylinders for $70.00. Lots of great parts deals all up and down vendor's row.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Man, you guys have me itching to drive up there, but the next chance I have will be in two weeks.

Did Arrington have lamenated stocks from Boyd's?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Commercial row at Camp Perry will be there till about August 13th.

·
Registered
48 Posts
greasy greek

I wondered how quickly that rifle would go. I had already bought my Greek when that one came out. From your description it has to be the one I saw. How about letting us know what its like after you get it cleaned up.

My Greek is an H&R on top and a Springfield inside the wood. Cleaned up real nice,tomorrow to the range

·
Registered
286 Posts
Can you guys give me a run down on who is set up on Commercial row? I will be leaving next Friday. :D

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
"...Dropped off a Danish to have rebarreled..." I'm just curious, but why wouldn't you shoot it first? Unless, of course, the barrel was toast.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, stand watie!

Sundry, Have had the Danish for a year now, picked it up after the JGM in 03, barrel frosted TE of +5, would not put a bullet on a SR-C target at 200.

Jason Demond: Bushmaster, Fulton Armory,Champion's Choice, Freeland, Springfield Armory, Armscorp, Rockriver Arms, Arrington, Sherluk, White Oak Armament, Fin, Fur and Feather, Sinclair Int. to name a few.

Took some pictures when I broke the rifle down but did not turn out as good as I would have liked, will try again later.

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
the CMP got that 7mm brass and bullet from the army. who knows why the army had it. but the army gives the stuff to the CMP for free. if they were to dispose of it via the normal means they would pay a company to take it away. so the CMP is the cheapest way for the army to get rid of anything shooting related. i know a while back they had 10mm auto brass.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts