Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 30' Citation fiver with a slide. I think my next will be a smaller class A with a slide. I like the idea of hop in and go and I miss my onboard generator.

I had a class C a while back and liked it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
My "RV"

Hi, I just came over from Battlerifles too. My "RV" is a 1985 VW camper bus. My 'dream' RV is a Winnebago 'Rialta' with the 'HD' floor plan. I should have got that instead of the VW bus but then how was I supposed to know I was going to get 'hooked' on traveling in an RV? If anyone here has had experience with the Rialta, I would appreciate any input. It will be awhile before I can afford one and want to go into it with as much foreknowledge as possible.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I too am from BR. We have a Salem 5er. Made about 7 trips in it this year. I am hopeful we will get at least one more in before the snow flies!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I'm another BR orphan as well and my choice of RV's is a new 04 Jayco 19' fiberglass, ultra light travel trailer. This one is layed out exactly like the 19' Airstream Bambi, which is what I really wanted until I priced the things. :eek:

I also have a 1992 Homestead 15' travel trailer that my sons and I have for our annual motorcycle camping trips to the North Georgia mountians with my motorcycle club. It only has three bunks, a two burner stove and a refrigerator, and no bathroom, but it's perfect for its intended purpose.

7th

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Over the weekend, I went an picked up a 2001 Winnebago Journey 36L. I won it on an E-Bay auction and had to have a friend fly me to Buffalo NY to pick it up and drive it home. It only had 4756 miles on it so it is like new.

The reality of it has not fully sunk into my wife. That made for interesting conversation the night I came home and had to break that one to her. The good news is that I paid WAY below book on it, so worst case I can sell it for what I have in it or more. I am glad I have had experience driving our delivery trucks, it sure made the learning curve alot shorter once I got behind the wheel. I only curbed it once and that was in a Fuddruckers parking lot.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I got my RV

Well, I went to the big RV 'show' at the Los Angeles County Fairgrounds and really went overboard. I know I posted an interest in the Winnebago Rialta earlier but instead bought a 22 ft. Fleetwood Tioga. I am quite happy with it so far. It certainly has more room and greater towing capacity. The downside is the fuel consumption. I am looking forward to many trips providing I budget carefully for the fuel costs. The VW camper bus is going up for sale although it has treated me well and took me 6400 miles cross country and back without a hiccup. I am just getting too old and soft and need my 'comforts'. My new RV will make a nice 'lifeboat' in case of major utility outages for any length of time too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts