Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, not an album. But I picked up some steel targets a while back. My oldest grandson seemed to be getting bored with paper targets, Zombies or not.

When I saw his first shot on this eight inch target at about 25 yards, I hollered at him to cease fire. Proud as I can be. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Okay, not an album. But I picked up some steel targets a while back. My oldest grandson seemed to be getting bored with paper targets, Zombies or not.

When I saw his first shot on this eight inch target at about 25 yards, I hollered at him to cease fire. Proud as I can be. :)
And rightfully so... Zach, the Rifleman.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Good shot!

Out of curiosity, what make & caliber is that rifle?
Does Chuck Connors know his rifle is missing?:mrgreen:
(Just kidding).:D

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
He's gonna be a good one. Maybe he'll take after his grampa.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks all for humoring me and my grandfatherly pride. :D

He really deserves all of the credit...he never quit wanting to learn.

Tommy, that's a Rossi Model 92 in .45 Colt. It's a saddle ring and has the traditional half-cock safety. I always thought of it as my John Wayne carbine. He first shot it when he was about 7, and loved it. Kept telling me it was "...like a shotgun", because you worked the lever to load and eject. I think pump shotguns were big in a few of the video games he was playing back then. :)

Anyway, again thanks to all for the kind comments. :thumbsup::bow:

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Nice. I have two little split-tails that loved to shoot when they were young, but then discovered music and boys.

I need a son.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Well Cap'n, that's still no guaranty. My other grandson (a year younger) just isn't interested in guns. He prefers cars and Monster Trucks.

But I have no illusions. I have no doubt the time will come, and soon, when the fairer sex will take top priority for both of them.

Now if you're open to adoption, I would have no trouble calling you Daddy...in the strictest familial sense.������

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man, Terry, I appreciate the offer, but sons, like ammo, should be made on one's own...and I so enjoy the loading process.
Gotcha! :D I was just hoping to cash in on some free airline tickets. Oh well. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts