Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i "bought"(read: put enough money on it so it WILL be mine) an '03a3 this evening at the ol'shop.

remington, 3-43 barrel.
i'm guessing it's "all correct". it has little "r"'s stamped on everything.
serial is 3,530,xxx.

from the looks of it, it was never, or atleast rarely fired. would the armours re-park a rifle?
the bolt/receiver show no signs of wear.

barrel was shiny with 4 grooves.

stock looks real good.

for 7bills i think i did good.

no pics yet, as it's not in my care yet. i don't think i'll need the full 60 days i have to pay it off :wink:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Welcome to the club! There just aint quite nothin like a Springfield! I have loved them since I fired my first one 40 plus years ago. :D

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Welcome to the club Brain , I'm sure you will enjoy the Remington . It is not unusual to find one reparked after rebuild . What is unusual is to have one with all Remington parts . Sounds like a very nice rifle .

They do seem to shoot pretty well too .

Jack

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
jremington made so many spare parts it's not surprising one would have all remmy parts. heck you can still find plenty of remmy party NIW. i would venture thet most of the post war rebuilding was done with remmy parts.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
brain,

Welcome on board brain, pull up an old ammo crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on Battle Rifles. Again welcome aboard and have yourself a great week Sir. :D

Oh by the way, has anyone talked to you about buying some good surplus ammo yet? :wink:
Rules of Ammo:

1) You can never have too much ammo on hand. 1k rounds per battle rifle is a good minimum to start with (fubar).
2) Supplies of good surplus run out before you know it, and usually when you're running low on ammo, so buy plenty while its available.
3) When in doubt about how much ammo you should buy, refer to rule #1.
4) Ammo is meant to be shot, so shoot often.
5) Because of rule #4, ammo must be replenished often as well.
6) When replenishing supply of ammo, refer to rules #1 through #3.
7) You must buy at least twice as much ammo as you shoot (fubar).
8: Always store ammo in a cool dry place (TEA).
9) If you don't have room in your house to store ammo per rule #8, build a bunker or a cellar in your back yard for storing ammo (TEA).
10) Friends don't let friends buy Indian surplus ammo (TEA). Or Never buy surplus ammo from a country where you wouldn't drink the water (midrat).

XXIV Corps :wink:
DMZ 70-72

1 - 5 of 5 Posts