Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Good choice!

Just read this on another forum - from a guy named Larry Vickers (I've heard he knows a couple of things about pistols :lol: ):

LINK

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
ArmyCPT said:
Good choice!

Just read this on another forum - from a guy named Larry Vickers (I've heard he knows a couple of things about pistols :lol: ):

LINK
Can't say that was much of an endorsement. One ran well, but two out of three "had mega problems", and there maybe a fix in the works already? Sounds like the same old, same old.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Yeah - my bad on posting a link w/o running through the issue here first.

It appears that Ken Hackathorn is having issues with a couple of the Gen4's...but for the vast majority of shooters they seem to run like a proverbial top.

I should've been more specific - the "locked the slide to the rear for a week" comment was the reason I included the link, and it has a lot of merit. Seems like quite a few people are seeing spring tension problems, and this is a good (and easy) fix.

If I buy one (and I probably will in the next couple of months), I'll be doing the same.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Charlie Petty said:
Doesn't anyone besides me think you shouldn't have to do that?
You'd think that by Gen 4, Glock Perfection would be . . . even more perfect.

My Gen 1 G17's only flaw is suscepability to "limp wrist syndrome" when shooting standard ammo which is not an issue with my Gen 3 G26 and Gen 3 G19. For Gen 4 Glocks to have an issue - any issue - at all in regard to function is not a good thing.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
HankB said:
Charlie Petty said:
Doesn't anyone besides me think you shouldn't have to do that?
You'd think that by Gen 4, Glock Perfection would be . . . even more perfect.
You gotta hand it to GLOCK PR. They still have people lining up to buy the product even while discussing it's flaws and shortcomings (dare I day "imperfections?") :banghead:

·
Registered
921 Posts
SpecialEd said:
You gotta hand it to GLOCK PR. They still have people lining up to buy the product even while discussing it's flaws and shortcomings (dare I day "imperfections?") :banghead:
If you know of a gun that has NO flaws, shortcomings, or imperfections, please share . . .

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
HankB said:
SpecialEd said:
If you know of a gun that has NO flaws, shortcomings, or imperfections, please share . . .
I do know of guns that have run perfect for me... AND don't claim perfection in their advertising.

·
Registered
822 Posts
And S&W is seeing problems with their M&P's...and they're up to what - Gen 5 already?

Not that two wrongs make a right or anything... :lol:

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Geewhiz, I hope some of you don't miss the target the way you miss the point! :shock:

·
Registered
243 Posts
My Cz75 SP 01 is a smooth operator, with nary a problem.

I didn't have to hold my breath and count to 5 after getting it out of the box to get it to perform, either.

Chris.

PS I'd still love to have a Glock 17 tho'. I just like the way they feel in my hand, and in spite of any current issues, they've still got a very respectable reputation.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Avyctes said:
My Cz75 SP 01 is a smooth operator, with nary a problem.

I didn't have to hold my breath and count to 5 after getting it out of the box to get it to perform, either.

Chris.
The SP01 is on my short list!

·
Registered
243 Posts
The SP01 is on my short list!
:thumbsup:

You will NOT be dissatisfied!

Mine is the full steel frame, with rubberized grips and accessory rail. And it's a hand full of gun fer sure.

My dad and I both ordered Cz75s, he opting for the 75B in .40, which is very pleasant to shoot, but his has a truncated beaver tail, or at least the beaver tail on my SP01 is much longer. His has plastic grips also. Both are tack drivers!

Ciao,

Chris.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Saw on another forum that Glock has already upgraded the recoil spring assy for the Gen 4 guns. New ones are marked "02" and have about 18 turns of the coil instead of 20 in the original ones. Hopefully that should fix the problems they've been having with Gen 4 guns.

Mike

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
My buddy is pleased with his Gen 4. No issues shooting and the grip is much easier to hold firmly, even in the heat we have here. He reports that even with sweaty hands, his grip is not slipping. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts