Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
33 years ago, there was this thing called . . .

Ali-Frazier I.

Hey look, if I'm gonna feel old, I'm gonna do my best to make you feel old too!!! :D :D :shock: :wink: :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Dad didn't let me watch it...

He said it was late and I had to go to bed... I was 5.

Thanx for the memories Bloof!

Nemo

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was 14 and had to go to bed too, Nemo. Not only that, it wasn't on regular TV. We didn't have a TV anyway at that time. I did get up and keep running over to the radio, keeping the volume low, for the round by round recap. That's right, not a live round by round radiocast, a round by round recap.

Sorry folks, those were the Dark Old Days, Ancient Times, March 8, 1971.

Ed, you're one of the cutest guys I've ever seen, and in certain states of The Union I might even marry you ( :shock: ) but no, The Thrilla in Manila was Ali-Frazier III, held in late '75.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Bloofington said:
Ed, you're one of the cutest guys I've ever seen, and in certain states of The Union I might even marry you ( :shock: ) but no, The Thrilla in Manila was Ali-Frazier III, held in late '75.
You know, I'm glad you are in NY and I'm safe down here :lol:

So what was the Rumble in the Jungle?

Ed

P.S. I wish I looked half as good as Tucker my dog. I do have the same fuzzy face and behi... well lets just leave it at face.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
SpecialEd said:
I do have the same fuzzy face and behi... well lets just leave it at face.
If you shaved his butt and taught him to walk backwards, would anyone notice the difference? :wink:

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Richard Jefferies said:
If you shaved his butt and taught him to walk backwards, would anyone notice the difference? :wink:
My Dog, yes! Me.....

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ed, the Rumble In The Jungle was Ali-Foreman, held in mid to late '74.

Rumble in the jungle, Ali, Ali,
Bomaye, bomaye,

Ahhhhhh, what a night in was in Kinshasa. If you watch the fight real closely, you notice that the rumors of the day about Ali's possible prowess with martial arts seemed quite evident. Notice the punching style he used to keep Foreman at bay, crisp, snapping, straight, kung fu style punching, while, true to Ali's word, Foreman's "Ol' Washerwoman" style of roundhousing everything tired him out until Ali sprang into action like a tiger early in Round 8 and as the big hit song goes:

"Put George Foreman to sleep for the night,"
Bomaye, bomaye, . . ."

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
By the way Ed, you don't happen to be in law enforcement, do you? If you are, you and your dog could be Marshall and Tucker, LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! :wink: :shock: :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts