Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Teen robber's bullet ricochets from victim's face, strikes and kills robber's accomplice
Teen robber

I just hope the victim makes a full recovery, quickly!

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
That was an interesting face-off....:neer::sm_angel::bolt:

(Sorry...someone had to go there.....)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Per the story..."he did everything he was asked to do".

He cooperated fully with his assailants and was shot anyway. :( :censored:

Every now and then, you just know the man upstairs is looking down and says, "No...don't think so."

Wishing the victim a speedy recovery too, Pete.

And that was funny, Tommy. :D

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Don't you just love it to see ironclad proof that there is a God and he may even have a cop's sense of humor.

One of my all time favorites was the young gangster who was showing off his new Glock and then stuck it in his waistband an emasculated himself.

Score one for the gene pool...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
My query is, what caliber weapon would richocet off of a face yet kill another?

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
We really don't know where the original shot went or the caliber. I have seen a .25 ACP hit a skull at an angle and just bounce off. It wasn't a ricochet, just a reflection.

maybe we'll learn more

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think a mouse-caliber is most likely, but even larger, more powerful rounds can glance if the impact angle is 'just so', especially on skull or facial bones.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Louis Awerbuck has a mannequin target that he uses in his classes. It is usually dressed in a baseball cap. He reports that he has seen 45 ACP, .308 & 12 gauge slugs get deflected by the bill. It is mostly a function of the angle. My guess is this was a shot that was deflected, and not one that bounced back.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Louis Awerbuck has a mannequin target that he uses in his classes. It is usually dressed in a baseball cap. He reports that he has seen 45 ACP, .308 & 12 gauge slugs get deflected by the bill. It is mostly a function of the angle. My guess is this was a shot that was deflected, and not one that bounced back.
And the decedent was likely standing more or less behind the victim, which placed him in front of the shooter. Darwin-level intellect, there.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
That's what I'm thinking... bullet hits the edge of the skull, deflects maybe 10 or 15 degrees and hits Moron #2 at near full velocity.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It also illustrates how, despite all the physics, modeling, testing, etc., bullet travel and performance can be absolutely unpredictable.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I am reminded of all the conspiracy theorists who claim that the "magic" bullet couldn't have struck both Kennedy and Connolly.

Nothing magic about it...physics frequently presents us with situations that are counter-intuitive, and yet inevitable.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Don't you just love it to see ironclad proof that there is a God and he may even have a cop's sense of humor.

One of my all time favorites was the young gangster who was showing off his new Glock and then stuck it in his waistband an emasculated himself.

Score one for the gene pool...:rolleyes:
CP, the version I heard from a favorite cop-blogger who was RO (LawDog from The LawDog Files, if anyone reads him) was a crapomatic Raven or similar .25 that air-conditioned Mr. Happy and blew one of the Little Guys into hamburger, rendering the other nonviable between muzzle blast and hydrostatic shock.

And I thought shooting myself in the ASS with Airsoft was bad! lol

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am reminded of all the conspiracy theorists who claim that the "magic" bullet couldn't have struck both Kennedy and Connolly.

Nothing magic about it...physics frequently presents us with situations that are counter-intuitive, and yet inevitable.
The only certainty is that the energy has to go somewhere.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts