Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't forget it starts tonight on FX channel.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Be careful if you are recording it. This episode is 67 minutes long. It starts at 10 and runs until 11:07 when the same episode repeats.

·
Super Moderator
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SpecialEd said:
Be careful if you are recording it. This episode is 67 minutes long. It starts at 10 and runs until 11:07 when the same episode repeats.
They pulled the same trick last year on the premiere.

Sometimes you can record FX from on-demand with no commercials. Some shows they have them, some shows they don't.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well looks like Raylon's got a whole new group of bad folks to deal with!

Exit South American drug lords....enter local gun totin ********! One of my favorites show.

( whats scary is when you have actually met people like some of the characters on the show!)

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Luigi said:
( whats scary is when you have actually met people like some of the characters on the show!)
Ay-yup. Forty odd years ago, I stopped for a break/drink at a little country store in WVA. As I was leaving, the locals on the porch asked me what kinda Fed I was. When I asked what made them think I was a Fed, they said I wasn't old or fat enough to be a banker or insurance agent [the only folks they knew who wore suits]. And things got wierder later.

Why didn't my ex-wives look/act like Raylons?

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Boyd is becoming one of my favorite characters; despite his disillusionment and his nature he is still trying to do the right thing. I'm going to be disappointed when he strays.
Does anyone know who the band was in the bar scene? I've been really impressed with the music choices on this series.

·
Super Moderator
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tim Burke said:
Boyd is becoming one of my favorite characters; despite his disillusionment and his nature he is still trying to do the right thing. I'm going to be disappointed when he strays.
I too think Boyd is fascinating. But is he really trying to do the right thing, or is that all an act, a sham, while he dreams up more criminal enterprises? The show does a great job of keeping us guessing about that. Rayland doesn't seem too sure about it, either.

·
Super Moderator
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tim Burke said:
Does anyone know who the band was in the bar scene? I've been really impressed with the music choices on this series.
You mean this one? (My google-fu is strong today!)

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Snake45 said:
I too think Boyd is fascinating. But is he really trying to do the right thing, or is that all an act, a sham, while he dreams up more criminal enterprises?
There is no doubt in my mind that his original conversion was authentic, but the slaughter of his flock at the hands of his father has shaken his faith.

Consequently, I think he is still trying to do the right thing, but he is very flawed and conflicted. Rayland does not have the advantage we have of overhearing Boyd's prayer after his followers were killed, so he still has doubts about his original conversion. Given those doubts, I am not surprised that Rayland has doubts about Boyd's current mindset.

Snake45 comes through on the music- that's the one. Knowing it is Dave Alvin will make it a lot easier to see if it is on iTunes.

·
Super Moderator
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tim Burke said:
Snake45 comes through on the music- that's the one. Knowing it is Dave Alvin will make it a lot easier to see if it is on iTunes.
According to his website, that's a brand new song. Dunno if it's on iTunes yet.

There are several of his songs on YouTube if you want to hear some more of him.

Have you ever heard any Tom Russell? I think you'd like him, too.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Amazon will have it, on March 1. I'll check iTunes before I get it from Amazon.

I must look into Tom Russell.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Dave Alvin is one of those the greatest musician songwriters you've never heard of.

He is one of my favorite artists of all-time. He started out with his brother Phil in the Blasters. They were a very influential early eighties late seventies band in LA who sorta kick started the whole retro rockabilly into the roots music thing. If you ever saw the movie "streets of fire" with William Dafoe, Michael Par, Dianne Lane they were the house band inthat movie.

The song they were singing has been on several concert tapes floating around.

Dave Alvins album "Blue Boulevard" is an amazing album. The acoustic slide version of Dry River is flat out astounding. He has had several songs covered and recoreded by others, American Music, Marie Marie, Every night about this time, Mexican radio, forth of July have all been semi hits for others. He has a Austin City limits show that you can pull off or PBSs website.

Enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
guntotin_fool said:
If you ever saw the movie "streets of fire" with William Dafoe, Michael Par, Dianne Lane they were the house band inthat movie.
Wow. Saw that many years--decades?--ago.

I liked what I heard of him the other night. I generally don't like "rockabilly" but I liked that.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
He pretty much left the rockabilly behind I'n the Blasters. Look for the king of California CD. The blue boulevard CD and the ashgrove CD as well as the interstate CD with him and the guilty men. Rock solid live album.

He's a hell of a nice guy too. My son was about thirteen when he first saw Dave and the late chris Gaffney took my son downstairs to the dressing room to meet Dave. They posed a picture with Dave and my son sitting on the sofa each with a cigarette and a tequilla bottle in hand. I wish I could find it but I think it was lost when we flooded out.
Mind you the cigarette was posed but the whole band signed his shirt and now that's framed since Chris died.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii1gm9MT ... ata_player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avLazOti ... ata_player

·
Registered
632 Posts
Re: Boyd

Walton Coggins was very good in The Shield. He's even better in Justified.

Thank you for the Dave Alvin links. I was wonderin'.

And then to find out he was in The Blasters (my formative years).

Cool.

·
Super Moderator
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For future reference, and to save everyone a lot of time:

On the official FX Justified website, there's an episode guide, and every episode has all the music and artists listed. That's where I found the answer to Dr. Tim's original question.

If it ever comes up again, and I'm betting it will. :wink:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts