Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been waiting for this to come out on DVD, and when it did this Tuesday, I picked it up.

It's another flick based on a comic book (uhh, excuse me...graphic novel). It's premise is that a rather average teenager wonders why nobody has ever tried to become a super hero...you know, put on a mask and help the helpless. After being mugged, he buys a costume (a wetsuit), on line, arms himself with a couple of homemade batons and becomes Kick Ass. No training, no fighting skills, just kinda jumps right in there. And nearly gets killed the first time out.

After recovering, he stays in the game and is kinda successful in one encounter, which immediately becomes a YouTube hit.

He eventually encounters two for-real masked avengers...Big Daddy (Nick Cage) and Hit Girl (Chloe Moretz), a father/daughter team seeking revenge against a big time drug dealer who framed ex-cop Cage and had him sent to prison.

The action scenes in this movie (R-Rated) are some of the best I have seen in a long time. The violence is graphic and 11 year old Hit Girl cusses worse than a sailor. The gun and knife handling is very well done (they actually reload fer gosh sakes) and in one set piece the action is showed from the shooters view point, like a video game. Little Chloe does an outstanding job (she did a lot of her own stunts), and Lil' Sister can rock some Bali-Songs!

If the language and violence don't offend you, this really original take on the whole super-hero thing is a blast. Give it a whirl.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts