Gunhub.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently aquired a leupold scope and the ARD killflash device that is supposed to screw into the end of the objective. only it doesnt seem to want to match up with the threads on teh scope. ideas ?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Not all Leupold scopes are threaded to accept accessories. Some have threads that are used to hold the lens, but not accessories.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I have a Tenebreaex killflash on my 50mm and it works fine. The 40mm's have two, one that snaps in and one that threads in. The snap in one is available from Leupold and the thread is is available from Tenebreaex. I think the snap in one is for adjustable objectives and the thread in one is for side focus models. There may also be a burr on the threads. The threads on mine are very fine and a piece of sand can stop it from screwing in, you may want to check that out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Depending upon which scope you have it may or may not accomodate a threaded ARD. The 3.5x10 M-1 LR scopes have both types of objectives. If it looks like the objective bell is threaded to accept a sunshade (indead if it will accept a sunshade) then a Tenebraex ARD will fit if you get the correct one. If the objective bell is threaded to hold the lense in place but not accept a sunshade then the ARD's will not fit. The "snap-in" or Scope Smith ARD's are designed to fit in a set of Butler Creek flip-up covers. A word of caution...the ARD's reduce the amount of light that gets to the scope which darkens the image. The Scope Smith product seems to reduce the light transmitted more than the threaded ARD. The threaded ARD's are nice in that in low light situations they are easily removed and replaced, they are also 2 to 3 times the money. The honey comb is aluminum on the Tenebraex product verses the thicker "plastic" on the Scope Smith product. One additional item is that Premier Reticles will modify Leupold scopes to accept an ARD (I assume they catch the threads that hold the lense in place and provide for threads for the ARD but I have not sent a scope in to have this work performed so am not sure of the final product)

Take Care
Pat

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
MtGoat said:
One additional item is that Premier Reticles will modify Leupold scopes to accept an ARD (I assume they catch the threads that hold the lense in place and provide for threads for the ARD but I have not sent a scope in to have this work performed so am not sure of the final product)
Last year I had an older Leupold LR M3 threaded to accept the screw-in ARD. Premier did a top notch job and the ARD installs and removes easily just like on my newer LR M3. The work cost $20.

Moe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts