Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have both the scout squad and the socom and was thinking about getting this new rail system for the socom but was wondering if any of you have it. Its called the knight industries rail system if any of you do have it your opinions on it would be much appreciated.
thanks

·
Registered
852 Posts
We tried the Knight system out on our m4's in the Army. They were of high quality but the attachment method caused us to bend the barrels when we did a lot of shooting and the barrels got hot. They slipped in like handguards and didn't get any support from the receiver...we finally went with the A.R.M.S SIR system. If it doesn't attach to the receiver do not use a vertical grip.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a KAC M14 RAS on my M14.

The KAC M14 RAS basically replaces your handguard.

It attaches to the reciever via the reciever scope mount and a threaded clip that fits in place of the handguard clip.The front of the rail has a spring loaded clip that slides under the barrel band.

Mine is the deluxe version that has a Picatinney rail section that replaces the stripper clip guide.

All in all, the set up is pretty solid and, abd there is lots of room above the chamber for cases to eject without the fear of them hitting or hanging up on anything.

If you are installing rails on an M4, you want the Free floating rail systems so that you don't run into the problem of "tweaking" your barrel.I have a KAC RAS II on my M4 and it is the cats ass!!! :D

SKBY.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I didn't even know KAC made a RAS for the M14 until I saw the cover of SOF:

[IMG=left]http://www.tacticalpursuits.com/images/myguns/041013_m14_kacras.jpg[/IMG]

·
Registered
702 Posts
ScorpioVI said:

[IMG=left]http://www.tacticalpursuits.com/images/myguns/041013_m14_kacras.jpg[/IMG]
Where could I get a rail system like this?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Vtec_Killer said:
ScorpioVI said:

Where could I get a rail system like this?
Knights Armament Corp. Makes this particular rail system.It retails for $525.00 U.S.

There are two styles, one that is the front rail/handgaurd only, and the deluxe model(like the on in my pics)which has a section of Picatinney rail that inserts into the stripperclip guide.

I think the M14 in the pic above has the rail/handguard only, with a ARMS #18 on the reciever.Not sure, but I don't believe Knights makes a full length rail that spans the chamber.

HTH.

SKBY.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Sweet.

Thanks guys.

Now, for the questions.
SKBY - Have you test fired the system yet? Does the rail hold it's POI after it gets hot? So, it's a clip that holds the rail to the barrel? A couple of your pics wouldn't load for me, could you take a pic of how/where this system mounts to the weapon? Thanks again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts