Gunhub.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry, I ain't buyin' it.

I learned a few things growing up in the ghetto. How to read people, and on a larger scale, how to read life.

Now, that doesn't really have anything to do with what somebody will pay when they really want a "certain something", be it whiskey or a cigar. Heck, back in my ignorant days, I actually paid $25-30 just to try certain cigars!!! Were they worth it? Uhhhhhh, not the ones I smoked.

Was that bottle of Distiller's Masterpiece I - Cognac Finish worth the $145 "walk-out price" I paid for it last year? Uhhhhh, yes and no. Was it good? It was great!!! Was it "worth it?" That's really debatable, but I have no regrets.

But, . . .

Kobe Beef?!?!?!?!?!!!??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

So, back to my ghetto days. Something about us ghetto boys, . . .

and girlzzz I guess. We learn the value of a dollar real quick. Unfortunately, we don't always spend it like we know it. Put ten in our hands and we sometimes spend twenty.

But, . . .

Kobe Beef?!?!?!?!?!!!???? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Now, I love to eat just as much as George Foreman, and I can probably eat just as much as he can too. Heck, I'll challenge him to a Bar Mitzvah or wedding buffet any time!!! :D

But, . . .

Kobe Beef?!?!???!!!?? :? :? :?

I've read all about the famed Wagyu cattle, with the pedigree papers going back to 1830. I know about the beer they drink, the daily massages with sake (rice wine), I know about the whole marbleization, subcutaneous fat percentage thingy as compared to regular beef, blah, blah, blah, blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Sorry, I ain't doin' it. Even if I was in Donald Trump's financial class. If I had a girlfriend who got me good and drunk and convinced me to sign a check or make a withdrawal she might be able to sneak a purchase past me, but if I'm in my right mind, . . .

sorry, not me. :shock:

Have you seen those prices, even for the "American equivalent?"

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Not for steaks and burgers, you don't.

That's right, I'm just an old skinflint, . . .

a killjoy.

But I ain't killin' no Wagyu cattle. Now, I might take a shot at some of Ted Nugent's buffalo if I ever get the chance. That I'd like to try.

But Kobe Beef? With my appetite, a "serving" would probably cost me about $500. :shock: :shock: :shock:

:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear that guys like Emeril, etal hire out for private functions at rates running well into the thousands for one night, and I'm talking about five figures, not four.

:shock:

G

·
0 Posts
At the IPSC world shoots, I competed

--edited for content--

Fernando
AmBack Admin

·
Registered
14 Posts
And I thought this was going to be a spoof on a now famous basketball player...

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nah, I don't do that stuff anymore, only with friends in person or on the phone.

:banghead: :banghead: :pigsfly: :lol: :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts