Gunhub.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it all dryed up?
anybody have a source for it? i was using sportsman guide, but they have not had any listed most of the summer. KA or PS, i use it both.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
I doubt its going to dry up anytime soon. Check ammoman, midway, cabelas, and cheaper than dirt. Orion 7 and the CMP both have LC and HXP.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well it's not looking good.
ammoman=no
miday=no
sg=no
ctd is wanting 90 bucks for 384 rds of KA.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
I know a lot of people don't like the KA but I have never had any real problems with it. Sometimes you can get a can where one or two rounds will have a dead primer.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
You can get 480 rds of non-corrosive CMP Greek ammo for $100.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Reloading makes the endless search for ammo go away. And you're not using mediocre milsurp ammo.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I've had problems with Korean milsurp and wouldn't touch the stuff!! During a highpower match, in prep, was pulling rounds out of the bandoleer and it's 8 rd clips to put in a 2 shot clip, and actually had a round literally break at the neck... was so corroded the bullet and neck area of the brass literally snapped in half!! :x

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
E-7Ret said:
Brain, how close are you to Youngstown, Ohio? I have a bunch of it in 192 or 384 rd cans.
on the other side of PA.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ive shot about 800 or so rounds out of it in the past year.

I also have some CMP LC ammo. To be honest the Korean stuff is cleaner and in better shape.

As far as which is more accurate I cant say. I havent done any testing.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Panxan49 said:
I've had problems with Korean milsurp and wouldn't touch the stuff!!
Anecdotal, but I shot up several cans of the PS head stamped Korean ammo that came in the 20 round boxes. Good stuff, shot better than the LC ammo from the CMP I thought.

·
Registered
400 Posts
TripletDad said:
Wideners are good folks. I get my powders and primers from them.

My first batch of mil-surp ammo is the KA Korean ammo. I picked up 3 cans with en-blocs and bandoleers from ammoman. I've no problems with the corrosive issues at all. I just carry a bottle of windex to the range and squirt it down the bore before I head home.

The KA brass is good stuff to reload with. Now I just use the KA to burn for the brass.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts