Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any opinions regardiong any difference(s) between the CMP LC 69 vs LC 66 ammo with regard to accuracy and reloadability of the cases. I have some of each and will let some go to a relative.

Any input appreciated! :eek:

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Reloadability is the same with the LC ammo.. but I DO prefeer the boxed LC66 over the LC69.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I found both accurate, but to my great surprise found the Korean KA on clips ( corrosive ) to be even more accurate. I got repeatable 1" groups from my benchrested Garand.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Shotar said:
I got repeatable 1" groups from my benchrested Garand.
UH-OH, Mr. Cornybread is gonna get you!

Tim

PS> There ain't nuthin' wrong with benching them to find out just how good the RIFLE is!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Tim Wilson said:
Shotar said:

Tim

PS> There ain't nuthin' wrong with benching them to find out just how good the RIFLE is!
Probably so, but I got witlesses.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I had the same result with the Korean ammo that came boxed and in ammo cans. That stuff IS NOT corrosive. Definitely some good stuff and much cheaper than the LC stuff at $40/400. (Dealer pricing! :lol: )

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
it's really simple. the boxed ammo was manufactured and then boxed. the ammo sat in the crates until it was given to the CMP. the linked ammo was made and then linked. then shipped god knows where for how long and stored how and how many times? were the cans opened and then closed? who knows but then this ammo was delinked and repackaged. the boxed stuff simply has a lot less wear and tear on it before it ever goes in your chamber.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I've been shooting LC69 and it does pretty much as I expected it to both from the bench and from standing.Can't speak to the difference between it and LC66 not having shot it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice play on his screen handle. :lol: :lol: :lol: And if the truth is known as to how many on this board and others shoot the M1 from the bench, even just occassionaly to test loads and such or how many don't shoot from prone because they physically can't, he can't take on all of us. :D

Right!!! The rifle and the load tested with less of the human factor. The shooter must know what the rifle is doing- group size and the relationship of POA/POI- before s/he can tell what they're doing with it from less supported positions and know where the sights should be set for the individual.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
mustanger98 said:
The shooter must know what the rifle is doing- group size and the relationship of POA/POI- before s/he can tell what they're doing with it from less supported positions and know where the sights should be set for the individual.
So you assume that all of us require a bench to do this?

You should really try to read my posts before you comment.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Tim Wilson said:
Shotar said:

Tim
So why should I say anything bad to Shotar? I have no problems with his comment that he can get one inch groups from his benchrested Garand.

It seems that you are the one with a problem.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
So you assume that all of us require a bench to do this?

You should really try to read my posts before you comment.
:lol: :lol: :lol: There he goes.

You really should read my posts more thoroughly. Did I say "all of us" require the bench to do this? No. I said "if the truth is known as to how many on this board and others shoot the M1 from the bench" at different times and for whatever reason. This does not assume "all".

You seem to have overlooked or otherwise forgot this part of my comment:
The rifle and the load tested with less of the human factor.
Do you also consider yourself to be above human? If so, that would be the most laughable part.

As for Tim Wilson's comment, and I don't presume to speak for him, but I read it as sarcasm towards your tendancy to have a problem with benchrested service rifles and those of us who shoot them from the bench.

·
Registered
328 Posts
mustanger98 said:
As for Tim Wilson's comment, and I don't presume to speak for him, but I read it as sarcasm towards your tendancy to have a problem with benchrested service rifles and those of us who shoot them from the bench.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Later,
Tim

·
Registered
659 Posts
So what. I shoot from a bench, I shoot standing up and lying prone. Whats the biggie? Of course, I get better gropus on the bench that i do standing, but the best groups are from lying prone at 200 yds :D
O yeah, and that is with a "NEW"
SA INC Garand :lol:

·
Registered
741 Posts
fubar said:
it's really simple. the boxed ammo was manufactured and then boxed. the ammo sat in the crates until it was given to the CMP. the linked ammo was made and then linked. then shipped god knows where for how long and stored how and how many times? were the cans opened and then closed? who knows but then this ammo was delinked and repackaged. the boxed stuff simply has a lot less wear and tear on it before it ever goes in your chamber.
Actually this lot of ammo appears to have shipped in boxes then linked by the govt. in 74-75 then delinked again prior to selling by the CMP.

Why would '69 dated ammo be in a can with a '74 date? Simple, the '74 is the date of linking and they have to provide the lot# for the M2 Ball and M25 Tracer they used..those lot#s date to '69.

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
there have been reports of various dates on headstamps on the current M2 ball from the CMP. they recevied something like 30 milllion rounds. there was no effort to put the ammo back into the exact can it came out of. 74-75 were the last years that LC made M2 ball and .30 tracer. anything is possible with the ammo before it got to the CMP.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts