Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know what I'm talking about. Some guy with what's supposed to be a Russian accent, sitting on a couch, surrounded by girls, opulence, and playing with TINY giraffes. A friend of mine posted about Lap Giraffes on another web site. I posted and humorously said c'mon, that's just a Time Warner Cable company commercial, there's no such thing. So he comes back with an article about a Pygmy Potamus baby, and I said nice try, I saw that was a newborn Pygmy Potamus right from the start. Did you know they grow 350-500 pounds, bigger sometimes?

Okay, so the bottom line is, I don't really feel like looking it up, because if Lap Giraffes do exist, I really don't want to hear about it. How hard did the Soviet regime work on THAT one, and what for?

SO, there is no such thing as a Lap Giraffe, kind of like El Chupacabra, . . .

RIGHT?

·
Super Moderator
13,172 Posts
You had it right when you said

c'mon, that's just a Time Warner Cable company commercial, there's no such thing.
It's a TV commercial, don't overthink it. The State Farm agents don't show up like magic genies, either, hate to break it to you. Also, no matter how much Victoria's Secret stuff you buy your wife, she is NOT gonna look like THAT. :(

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I know, I just wanted to make absolutely sure. Lap Giraffes was something I hadn't considered. Figures the guy comes with a Russian accent. Now I can go back to that web site knowing I was right all along. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's actually a web site that takes you to the Lap Giraffe "Farm," where they show you the stud male and female that will supposedly be providing your Lap Giraffe baby. The female is appropriately named Svetlana. Someone's having fun capitalizing on that Time Warner Commercial, hee, hee, heee!!!

·
Registered
822 Posts
For some reason, I laugh my 4th point of contact off every single time I see one of those ads. Thanks for the info on the websites!

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hilarious, Ed, thank you. I notice they did manage to slip in the "vast" Italian cultivation efforts, as well.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHHAHAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I eat so much pasta, it's good to know these things, like on a cow for instance. You have the udders that pull the ice cream, the ones that pull the yogurt, and the ones that pull plain milk, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
There are more listed billionaires in Russia now then the United States of American I last heard. So sure, a rich man's lap giraffe is another poor mans poodle. Interesting commercial - very funny.

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My friend was teasing me that if it were a hippo, I'd be all over it. Funny thing is, if they could breed purse sized hippos, I'd bet it would be all the rage. You just have to have a lot of leafy greens around. That shouldn't be hard for the women who like carrying animals around in their handbags.

·
Super Moderator
13,172 Posts
Daniel Watters said:
The new Geico commercial "Do Dogs Chase Cats?" is absolutely hilarious.
Yeah, that was funny. They do some really clever stuff in a short amount of time. The "Honest Abe" one always cracks me up.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
The "Honest Abe" one is still my favorite. They did a good job of "aging" the film.

I didn't know they had "sync sound" in 1862 ..... :ek:

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love the new one with the dogs chasing cats. Looks like a scene right out of Starsky and Hutch, or Shaft. The one with Charlie Daniels was great, and the Honest Abe one was nice, too. And who says that film was aged? I didn't see anything on Snopes about it NOT being authentic, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Yeah, that was a hoot! I shamelessly stole the term "jackwagon" from that! :lol:
I think R. Lee Ermy would make a great therapist -- imagine the money the patient would save!!! :ek: :shocked: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Bloofington said:
I love the new one with the dogs chasing cats. Looks like a scene right out of Starsky and Hutch, or Shaft. The one with Charlie Daniels was great, and the Honest Abe one was nice, too. And who says that film was aged? I didn't see anything on Snopes about it NOT being authentic, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
The "chase scene" looked like "Bullitt"; the Gold Standard for car chases.
----
I'm with Bloofington, though. I like "Honest Abe" best--so far.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
TommyGunn said:
Yeah, that was a hoot! I shamelessly stole the term "jackwagon" from that! :lol:
Yes, the term "jackwagon" can now be heard fairly regularly around our house too. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts