Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't believe it......
I woke up this morning, and... it was doing something the weathermen predicted it would (for a change)...
[center:2y7djcvf]IT IS SNOWING!!!![/center:2y7djcvf]

And more impressively .... it's beginning to collect! Not on the streets (Thank God) but on the lawns!
That is pretty rare for here-a-bouts! :D :mrgreen:
Beginning to look like winter out there! :thumbsup:
(maybe a bit like Christmas!)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
TommyGunn said:
I don't believe it......
I woke up this morning, and... it was doing something the weathermen predicted it would (for a change)...
[center:3myfdv8n]IT IS SNOWING!!!![/center:3myfdv8n]

And more impressively .... it's beginning to collect! Not on the streets (Thank God) but on the lawns!
That is pretty rare for here-a-bouts! :D :mrgreen:
Beginning to look like winter out there! :thumbsup:
(maybe a bit like Christmas!)
Yup! Me and Tommy live in the same county, and the snow has all the little ones
waiting to see if there'll be enough to warrant breaking out the sleds that have been unused for the last couple of years.

"We hear those sleigh bells ringing, ding ding ding a ling too. Gonna be lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you..." :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Twnty two inches here. Snowed for 24 hours. 12 hours later blessed MnDOT had all metro highways and most major roads plowed down to pavement. Fantastic job. I used six gallons of gas in the snowblowers as I had to blow both drive ways three times.

By nine am, Sunday morning, drive to church was 100% clear dry roads.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
guntotin_fool said:
Twnty two inches here. Snowed for 24 hours. 12 hours later blessed MnDOT had all metro highways and most major roads plowed down to pavement. Fantastic job. I used six gallons of gas in the snowblowers as I had to blow both drive ways three times.

Yup. Lived in North Dakota for 12 years. They did a wonderful job of keeping the roads clear. Down South, though, it's such a rare event that it isn't economically feasible to procure and maintain the equipment needed to clear the roads...so when we DO get dumped on...

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IrishCop said:
guntotin_fool said:

Yup. Lived in North Dakota for 12 years. They did a wonderful job of keeping the roads clear. Down South, though, it's such a rare event that it isn't economically feasible to procure and maintain the equipment needed to clear the roads...so when we DO get dumped on...
...we get DUMPED ON!

I went to college in Syracuse, N.Y. Aside from being up north, we also got "lake effect" snow -- that is, prevailing winds picked up moisture from a nearby lake and it fell on us, as snow.
I recall walking around in snow up to my hips. And yet, the snow removal services were so good the university rarely closed. I don't remember it EVER closing, for all that snow.
I also recall studying for a final one May afternoon in Byrd Library up there, looking out the window ... and, yup, it was snowing. Snow. In May! :shocked: :lol:
Well, that's Syracuse New York for you.
Jealous, anyone? :mrgreen:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts