Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Site Founder
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The day after Christmas my wife and I went to NY to visit family. While an eight-hour drive can be monotonous in and of itself, add to that three kids, two dogs, and plenty of traffic and you have the making of rolling hell. Needless to say, the trip up was not fun. Once in NY things turned for the better. We saw family and had an overall good time. The only downside was as each day came and went we were that much closer to the return trip. I was not looking forward to that ride.

Then on the last day of the trip I received a call from Motoeuropa, the Ducati dealership in Richmond, VA. At last they took delivery of the Matrix 998! It was being taken out of the crate as I was on the phone with them. Excellent! What great timing! Now my trip home was going to end with a bang. I would stop in at Motoeuropa and see the bike in person! Every mile on the return trip dragged on. The traffic wasn't as bad as the trip up, but it still seemed worse. Finally the exit sign for Richmond was in front of me. I pulled up to the dealership, grabbed my camera and hopped out of the truck, leaving the family parked in front of the dealership (not something I recommend you do).

When I walked into the dealership the bike was on display right in front of me. The dark metallic green was even better in person than in the Ducati press release. I could only think of saying one thing: "I'll take it!"

The showroom was filled. The rest of the new '04 bikes had arrived. There were the new ST3 and ST4s, the Matrix Monster, a few versions of the new 999, and the 749 Dark. As Austin Powers would say, "Yeah Baby!" I was in Ducati heaven! Yet, of all the reds and yellows and grays in the dealership, my eyes kept going back to that gorgeous metallic green 998! The 749 Dark is another bike that you must see in person to appreciate. While Ducati would normally skimp on suspension parts when ordering a Dark, the 749 Dark is only missing a steering dampener. For $1,500 less than a standard 749, I can do without a steering dampener! The color looks great, too.

The new ST3 and ST4s have the new for '04 windscreens and headlights. They are higher than the '03 versions. If you prefer the older style (as I do) there is an '03 ST4s in stock in gray.

Here are some pics of what I saw on my trip home. If you live near Richmond, VA it's definitely worth the trip to see what Motoeuropa has. If you can't go in person, go to their website!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,758 Posts
Green with envy

You're right Fernando, That green is pretty sweet! I wonder if I can get Ducati metalic green on my next wheelchair?

Ed

P.S. Was that you I saw in the mini-van on 95 South with the glazed look in your eyes?

·
Site Founder
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I made the trip in a mini-van. I used a GMC Envoy. It has two seats upfront (me and the wife) , a bench for the second row (three kids), and some storage space behind that (two dogs). On top of the truck was an overpacked carrier strapped to the roof rack. The truck still smells like dog. Geez, now I'm having flashbacks! I need a drink!

·
Super Moderator
7,758 Posts
That my friend is what we refer to as marital bliss! I trust the kids had a good Christmas? I have 6 and 9 year old boys. That really makes Christmas worth while.

Ed

·
Super Moderator
7,758 Posts
Joe Forte said:
How do you spell relief next time?

K-E-N-N-E-L !
Folks up here don't take kindly to puting your kids in a kennel though.

·
Site Founder
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay... let me see if I got this straight.... I put the kids in the carrier on the roof, the wife in the kennel, and the dogs in the back seat?

Oh boy, I hope my wife doesn't stumble across this thread :shock:

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
2 Boys here. One is 23, the other 21. Fernando met the younger one at the last Gunstock. Fernando, enjoy the kiddies while they're young. Very quickly they grow up and move away. Anyone that says that's a good thing is probably quietly crying inside. I miss not having the boys at home. Well, the youngest is away at school most of the time. He did actually come and help me at work today. Well compensated of course. The older one lives in the next town and comes to visit once in a while. Gotta love 'em!

G

·
0 Posts
I wish I made the trip in a mini-van.
Trade ya a mini-van for the Envoy. :roll:

I could only think of saying one thing: "I'll take it!"
Ya know. if you park it next to your ST it will look just like Christmas... red and green. 8)

·
Super Moderator
7,758 Posts
Sweet!

Fernando Coelho said:
If I could only convince my wife to let me bring it into the living room. 8)
Back in the late 70's when I was young and immortal, I worked the night shift one summer at a 7-11 in a very rough part of town. I was riding a Suzuki GS-550 at the time and I used to pull right into the store and park it in the front window, rather than leave it outside.

It's in the low 20's here in Delaware with a windchill that's nor fit for man nor beast, I hope you have some decent riding weather. It would break a lesser man to have that baby sitting in the garage and not be able to take her out for some exercise. :cry:

Ed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts