Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a good C02 1911 replica in the $100 range for home/basement short range practice and drills. I've looked at everything offered by Pyramyd Air and have narrowed the search to the Colt Commander, the Springfield Armory Mil Spec, and the SIG Old Glory. (The Colt and SA might in fact be the same basic gun.) None of them is in stock today so I have some time to decide.

Anyone here have any experience with these airguns or anything else comparable? I'm looking for as much weight as possible (these three are all around 2 pounds, a bit light but about as good as I'm gonna get, it looks like), semiauto operation, and at least a halfway decent trigger (single action fairly crisp, with weight up to about 6 pounds acceptable). Super accuracy isn't necessary as I'll be shooting on lifesize torso targets at 7 yards, maybe less. High power isn't needed either as long as it will punch through paper.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in the market for a good C02 1911 replica in the $100 range for home/basement short range practice and drills. I've looked at everything offered by Pyramyd Air and have narrowed the search to the Colt Commander, the Springfield Armory Mil Spec, and the SIG Old Glory. (The Colt and SA might in fact be the same basic gun.) None of them is in stock today so I have some time to decide.

Anyone here have any experience with these airguns or anything else comparable? I'm looking for as much weight as possible (these three are all around 2 pounds, a bit light but about as good as I'm gonna get, it looks like), semiauto operation, and at least a halfway decent trigger (single action fairly crisp, with weight up to about 6 pounds acceptable). Super accuracy isn't necessary as I'll be shooting on lifesize torso targets at 7 yards, maybe less. High power isn't needed either as long as it will punch through paper.
Hey I am new here
But you must go to Ammo Deals | Ammunition for Sale from top retailers. may this site will help you
thank you

·
Super Moderator
13,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found this on U2be, which is fairly informative:

·
Super Moderator
13,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I continued to research this topic and found that the Colt, SA, and SIG mentioned above are all made by Umarex of Taiwan and are very similar. I found that there are several other variation on the theme from Umarex, too. Sadly, all of them have been out stock everywhere almost since I first posted until last week, when I started getting notices that the Colt Commander was available from one supplier. Just as I was about to pull the trigger on one, I found a Springfield Armory Mil Spec at another place, and since it was the gun I REALLY wanted, I ordered it immediately. Should have it this week. Will try to shoot it and report on it ASAP.

Meanwhile, I bought one of the Air Venturi/Springfield Armory M1 carbine CO2/BB guns. VERY impressive replica! I've only had a chance to shoot it once but it was an absolute HOOT!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts