Gunhub.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a retailer that can provide an M1 Carbine barrel wrench & block set, and is willing to ship them to Canada. The Bronell's catalog just shows the wrench. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Plinker

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
NP, glad to help.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
The E-Bay seller mentioned above is Nick Dailey.. I have some of his Carbine tools and they work just fine!! I have used his Carbine barreling tools on 10 Carbines now and the tools work just great!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HighPower - thanks for the "thumbs up" on Nick. We're exchanging emails... I have a couple of carbines to rebarrel, so I figure it's worthwhile to have the right tools. 8)

Now I just need a sturdy vise to hold the block...

G

·
0 Posts
Nick is an excellent choice, you won't go wrong there. Definitely make sure your vise is sturdy and well mounted as the last 1/16 inch takes about 150-200 pounds of torque to set the barrel. Takes just as much to loosen also! Since the block is not round but fits the flat contour of the barrel, clamping it isn't a problem, but making sure the vise won't move can be. :D Watch out for National Ordnance receivers also, I crushed one once as they are hollowed out under the spring tube housing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts