Gun Hub Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Final bids to be reviewed and approved Tuesday:

• Vista Outdoor, Inc. as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit A with respect to the Lonoke Ammunitions Business and certain IP assets; and SIG Sauer, Inc. as the Backup Bidder thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit B with respect to the Lonoke Ammunitions Business;

• Roundhill Group, LLC as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit C with respect to the non-Marlin Firearms Business; and Huntsman Holdings, LLC and Century Arms, Inc. as the Backup Bidders thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit D with respect to certain Firearms Business IP assets and Exhibit E with respect to certain non-Marlin Firearms Business inventory, respectively;

• Sierra Bullets, L.L.C. as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit F with respect to the Barnes Ammunitions Business; and Barnes Acquisition LLC as the Backup Bidder thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit G with respect to the Barnes Ammunitions Business;

• Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit H with respect to the Marlin Firearms Business; and Long Range Acquisition LLC as the Backup Bidder thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit I with respect to the Marlin Firearms Business;

• JJE Capital Holdings, LLC as the Successful Bidder with respect to the DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC, and Parker brands;

• Franklin Armory Holdings, Inc., or its designated assignee, as the Successful Bidder with respect to the Bushmaster brand and certain related assets; and

• Sportsman's Warehouse, Inc. as the Successful Bidder with respect to the Tapco brand.
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/r...mington-ammo-franklin-armory-gets-bushmaster/

·
Registered
7 Posts
According to online articles, the judge approved the bankruptcy sale/split up of Remington.

Vista Outdoors bought the Remington ammo and Remington Accessories

Ruger bought Marlin

Franklin Armory bought Bushmaster

Sierra bought Barnes

JJE Capital Holdings LLC for DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC and Parker brands

Sportsman’s Warehouse Inc. for Tapco brands

Roundhill got Remington Fireams and other firearms related business not named elsewhere. i sure hope they start producing 1911’s using Para’s LDA Patent!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wait..

Para-Ordnance
Remington today is NOT the Remington of old!
I think we'll all agree to that last line; in the day, one could buy any 700, scope it & have a good shooting long gun in jig time.

On the Para 'buy' I think it was 'Sold' as a mechanism for the principles of the company to get a pay day AND US citizenship. There was a lot of angst up North about the amount of CDN tax $$$ invested in Para as a new mfr. When PARA formed a US subsidiary which then went public, the writing was on the wall.

The subsidiary then bought the assets of the parent and consolidated operations in the US. As 'KEY MEN' the naturalised Cdn owners were issued US Green Cards and of course had the requisite funds to move to citizenship, post-haste.

Then, as major shareholders, they sold Para to Remington and had a second big pay day.

Or is that 3?

FWIW, I think they made out like bandits. I know some Canucks who were more than a little testy about the whole process and a couple of b&m gun shops booted the brand.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I wonder if their manufacturing plants will stay where they are? I feel terrible for their workers.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts