Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was one of the first to get the CMP 1903/A3's 3 years ago.. I got a REALLY nice Remintgon with original barrel... it is a fantastic shooter.. I have won a lot of Axis/Allied bolt gun matches with it.. unfortunately it has a bad neck in the chamber.... I have been searching for a correct or close to correct 6-43 barrel.... Well low and behold.. one of the guys I shoot with, brought me 4 A3 barrels still in the wrap from when he bought them from the DCM back in the early 60's for $1 each.. and guess what? A 6-43 4 groove RA barrel!!!!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!! and the best news of all.. he gave me all 4 barrels!!!!

·
Registered
632 Posts
hey i wouldnt mind having a spare barrel on hand. If one of those barrels is in the range of 11-43 i might be interested in buying it off you. I dont live tooooo far from you so shipping would be cheap, or i could even swing by and pick it up sometime when im in the area. But i think im getting ahead of myself here.

think about it :wink:

josh v

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All the barrels are in that cosmoline soaked cheese cloth wrapping... it took me almost an hour just to get the wrapping off of the 6-43 barrel fo rmy A3...... but I'll look to see what the other dates are..

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
HighPowerShooter-

MAN..... I GOTTA come hang out with you at more of those meets. I LIKE your friends (LOL). Ask that ol' boy of your if he knows of any other hidden treasure he'd like to part with- I'm still in the buyin' mood after today's Cow Palace fiasco......

PS_ thanks for the update on Chabot shoots, gonna try to make it. Hopin' to borrow my bud's Garand (OR are they gonna have some borrowers there? If so how much?)

~Metalhead

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Metalhead357 The club has 13 Garands and I have 23 you can borrow :) hehehe... the club Garands don't cost anything to use, but you have to use our ammo ($20 for 60 rnds)

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Thanks HPS!

I hope I won't need to borrow one- but its nice to know they're there if I need one!

~metalhead

·
Registered
128 Posts
HighPowerShooter

I know about that kinda luck. In 2003 after I got back from Iraqi Freedom, a good friend of my Dads took me over to his garage and went rooting around in some boxes on his work bench, he pulled out a brand new in the wrapper Remington A3 barrel as well, the only place the wax paper was torn was at the muzzle to see the barrel date, and the neatest thing I thought was that it had the front sight base attached with no blade in it.
The things that used to be a dollar a peice , man it boggles the mind..........
Keith

·
Registered
417 Posts
AIM 03A3 barrels

AIM Suprlus is selling those for $69.99 that last time I looked on their site, although they may be higher now as CMP has been releasing a lot of 03A3' lately.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts