Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just bought an M1 from the store that I work at and was wondering how much it is worth. It is a postal meter #4133883 (stock also matches this number), underwood barrel, rear sight says PI, front sight EU, under number on the stock it says OG and LW in the sling well, i have 4 15rd clips, 4 30rd clips, and about 12 stripper clips, stamped 5 under saftey lever, the oly thing that I can find internally is b/b on the hammer. The gun is clean, no rust and shoots flawlessly. Thank you for your help.

G

·
Hi cjw_2086, if the serial number is stamped into the stock on the left side, then yours is probably a re-import, or one that we lend-leased or loaned to a foreign country, then brought back for resale. While these bring the lowest prices from collectors, they are desirable from an historical view. You are holding history in your hands, and what a story it could tell if it could talk.
Almost every part on an M1 Carbine has a marking of some kind, so when you get time, disassemble it and give us a run down on what you find. In the meantime, I will guess its value at $450-$600. :D Look on he side of the barrel by the front sight, and see if there are very little letters stamped on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts