Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
I don't feel like registering on another forum, so allow me to make a comment here.

I really like the Aimpoint Comp ML-XD and have no doubt I'd like the current M2 series even better. I have mine on an 5.56mm AR carbine, and I've used it out to 200 yards with no problems.

However, if I were looking into something in .308 caliber to extend ranges a bit (and I am, actually -- probably a DSA FAL), I'd look to a different optic. I would prefer something with low magnification, no more than 4X. Something like an ACOG comes to mind.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Rob, I know FAL of course, but who is DSA? An importer?

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rob,

Not a bad idea... I didn't like the Aimpoint Comp C 2X when it first came in... not use to a magnified red dot. But this may just be the ticket for the SOCOM.

I'd look at other .308 SAs but, ya know, I just don't have a M1A... which is something that I think everyone should own (like an AR, 1911, and HP... they are all classic and an example (or two) should be in everyones safe.)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
The SOCOM is a very cool rifle. But I've found several Springfield Scouts for a lot less. It's a good option.
Unless of course you have to have a black rifle that is.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Frankly, now that Bushmaster has an AR-10 that takes FAL magazines, I'd be hard pressed to justify any other .308 semi.

Way too much trigger time on AR series here... :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Al Thompson said:
Frankly, now that Bushmaster has an AR-10 that takes FAL magazines, I'd be hard pressed to justify any other .308 semi.

Way too much trigger time on AR series here... :)
And I think that is going to be where they take over the market from Armalite. FAL mags are what, 6 or 7 bucks each? I have plenty of M14/M1A mags, but they have to modified to work in the Armalite AR-10's.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Last bunch I purchased were 7 bucks each. I too have enough for my M1A, but the going rate is at least 45 bucks each for M14 mags and no one is producing any more. I do not think that the recession of the ban will make that price come down.

My only rifle related gripe with my AR10 was the horrible muzzle blast due to the muzzle brake. Dan Watters and I toyed with the idea of a quick cut and recrown. Decided not to as a buddy made me an offer that worked for both of us. :)

Loved the out of box accuracy. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts