Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VISITED THE CMP NORTH STORE was looking at the m1c garands today 2/9 2013 i was expecting that the rifle receiver and the mount had matching serial numbers out of about 25 in the field rack only 2 had matching serial numbers most didnt have serial numbers on the mount some a few were mismatched well learned something today m1c s on the whole dont HAVE MATCHING SERIAL NUMBERS maybe if the sold them as correct they would be made to be matched you have to look at each rifle very carefully there if you were to order these from the south store mail order good luck dont be disappointed in what you get for 2,200 dollars you better go there hand pick your own if you live relatively close-fobc

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
That's what "Field Grade" means, FOBC. You get a rifle that will probably work (they recommend you have a gunsmith check out ALL of the CMP guns before they fire), but they will be arsenal rebuilds that have dinged up wood and other esthetic issues.

They weren't wanting $2,200 for a Field Grade rifle, were they? Last I checked I think they were going for around 6 to 7 bills.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YES THEY were 2200 for field grade 3000 dollars for service grade i didnt see any rack grade there i guess the prices went up

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Terry, he's talking about M1C sniper rifles.

·
Registered
44 Posts
So I've been in Wisconsin for several months ... and am planning on hitting the North and or south store on the way home to Florida... is there any reason to hit one and not the other? Or... should I just hit the south store in Anniston?? Not looking to pic up a garand .. more wanting a 1903. An maybe some .22 rifles... and -06' ammo

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
I guess whichever one is the least out of your way going home would be fine. I think they still have Kimber 22s and 03s but they haven't had any 06 ammo in a long time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts