Gun Hub Forums banner

Magnum P.I. – the movie

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  bdhawk 
#1 ·
Now this is going to be a kick in the arse for every Magnum fan… Brian Grazer is working on a motion picture version of Magnum P.I. with a scheduled release date of the summer of 2005. That's the good news. The bad news is, guess who is missing from the cast? TOM SELLECK!

Now what the heck is Grazer thinking? Or should I ask, what is he smoking? Magnum P.I. without Tom Selleck? As Higgins would say, "Oh my God!!!!"

Lets hope that somehow Brian Grazer will come to his senses and have a change of heart. Right now the role of Magnum is supposed to be going to George Clooney. The car? Rumor has it that a Ferrari will fill the role again; only this time it will be the Enzo. At over $800,000 I find that hard to believe, even with today's film budgets.

What does Tom Selleck think of all this? In a recent interview he was asked about rumors of a movie…
Uh, well.... somebody better call me." He laughs. "I'll probably have to be in it, unless they recast the role, and I don't think they're going to get very rich doing that.

I've heard nothing about it," he confirms. "I'd be interested in it if they did [plan a feature film], but it's going to have to be a good script. People seem to want to see [Magnum on the big screen] and the studios ought to realize that.
Maybe Tom Selleck will run into Brian Grazer and set that man straight.
George Clooney at Magnum? That just ain't right! :argh:

Here are some links about the news…

http://www.filmrot.com/articles/filmrot_news/004231.php
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/news/cult/200 ... 7014.shtml

See less See more
#3 ·
Well, if there're gonna use Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson in Starksy and Hutch, Maybe Jim Carrey could be Magnum, :barf: :roll: I did read somewhere a while back that Carrey was going to turn an old show into another stupid movie, but I can't remember which one it was.

#5 ·
Granted, he is older now and may not outrun Zeus and Apollo, but the movie wouldn't have to pick up where the series left off. It could pick up years later with Thomas Magnum leaving the Navy. There was one storyline that bounced around a few years ago that would have been ideal. It was based on JAG coming after Magnum because they found out about Magnum shooting Ivan* (excellent episode by the way). That would have tied in the original series into the film and gave Magnum a way to leave the military one final time and rejoin the rest of the old cast members.

*Third Season, 1st Episode: "Did You See the Sunrise?"

Attachments

#6 ·
magnum shootin' ivan

'did you see the sunrise? 1&2' if memory serves was the title of that episode. my favorite magnum episode. when thomas dropped the hammer on ivan i stood up and shouted ALRIGHT!!! the network was flooded with phone calls after that one. magnum was potrayed a gentle spirit throughout the series and i betcha most viewers did not think he would shoot ivan in cold blood.
ivan tortured magnum in 'nam, he killed his buddies, he killed mac and he blew up the ferrarri. if anyone needed killing, it was ivan.

that would be a perfect follow-up movie.

#8 ·
While I watched "Magnum" weekly - my favorite at the time - Sunrise is the only one I remember. The walk into the cains, the smirk on Ivan's face just before Magnum shot him.

Yes, as Judge Roy Bean used to opine, "No horse needs stealin', but some men need killin'." Ivan was one.

#9 ·
magnum p.i. was an excellent series. decent gunhandling, comedy, drama, purty girls, cool cars, great scenery. the helocopter pilot they used was a master. i was/am a big fan.
A&E recently ran magnum for a short while. they no longer show it and i cannot find magnum anywhere else. that grieves me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.